cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Approved for Home Depot Consumer Card!!!!

tag
favre_2_free
New Contributor

Just Approved for Home Depot Consumer Card!!!!

There was a conversation on the radio this morning about having a great snow blower, and I don't exactly have a great lawn mower or snow blower, so I figured I would give it a whirl, and to my surprise, I was approved for $1,250!!!!Smiley Very Happy  Now at least I have the option to get one if I want!  Makes me feel great about my progress over the last year. 

I know last January, I did a free deal somewhere, and was right around 550 on my Ex. and in April it was 581.  And through First Premier (for $3, they give you your supposed EX. score...I have it up to 648!)  I also have now signed up through Truecredit for my other scores, and those are TU - 640 and EQ - 645!  I'm so jazzed!  I was feeling kinda stuck in the last couple months, because after getting a Frontier Mastercard in October for $750, and actually getting a great $4000 CLI from Cap 1, my scores virtually stayed the same......hopefully this keeps my train moving!

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Approved for Home Depot Consumer Card!!!!

Congrats on your cards - esp that lovely Cap One.  Cap One reports as a bank/national cc card, so if it was your first bank card, you would definitely have seen a FICO score increase.

Make sure your scores are FICO scores - not available from TrueCredit unfortunately, as this will be most helpful to you in your rebuilding process.  FAKO scores do not reflect in any way, shape, or form, or pattern, FICO scores.  You could be higher, or lower, or any which way on your FICO's.

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you and that upcoming engagement!

Message 2 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the card!!! 

Just wanted to mention that your True Credit scores are not FICO scores, but fako's.  You can get your FICO's here if you want to know what they are, but do a google search for "fico discount codes" to get $$ off.  Also...it's nearly impossible to get your Experian fico anywhere.  Only from a mortgage loan officer or a certain credit union in PA.

Edit:  BeamMeUp beat me to the punch!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 02-11-2010 12:11 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 11
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

awesome!!

I got 1 back in Dec, but haven't used it bc they started me off with a $500 credit line and a few of the things I had my eye on well exceed that..haha

Does anyone know how Citi is with CLI?  Is it a hard?  How long do you have to wait to get a CLI?

thanks

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you app'ed online, $1250 is the max CL without going to the store or speaking to CS and doing a security check.  When I got HD, they approved $1250, but when I spoke to CS and went through the ID security check (they ask a bunch of questions about addresses, your home loan lender, etc.) they asked me what I wanted for CL and I said $4k and they instantly approved.  So they may have been willing to go more....cause there was no hesitation.

My point is that you may be able to get a better CL by going to the store or calling CS and doing the ID verify.

IME Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@bamagirl1 wrote:

awesome!!

I got 1 back in Dec, but haven't used it bc they started me off with a $500 credit line and a few of the things I had my eye on well exceed that..haha

Does anyone know how Citi is with CLI?  Is it a hard?  How long do you have to wait to get a CLI?

thanks

Not sure about Citi, but when I got my Lowes card, they approved me for $400!  (come on!)  So I immediately called the # & asked for more & got it!

Call & ask if they need to do another pull.  Tell them you're refrigerator shopping & can't buy a mini fridge for that price!  Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 11
favre_2_free
New Contributor

Thanks for the great advice txjohn!!!  I called, and they doubled my limit to $2500!!!  I didn't want to get greedy, and  I figured it'd be plenty for anything I do!  Thanks again!
Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Glad the info helped!

LOL Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

i'd like a home depot card but doubt I'd get approved. They pull EX for me and I have a 691 but no credit history, 2 med coll 1 is paid the other is not so I don't want to waste an inquiry. I'll give it more time. My oldest is my mortgage no lates, only 1 yr old
Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

bamagirl1 wrote:

awesome!!

thanks

I've had my store card for two years now ($4K CL), and the luv button has never appeared. When I click on the CLI link, I get the form that I have to fill out requesting an increase, which means a hard inq and no guarantee of approval.

But I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would, because Lowe's built a store a block closer, and Mr. Tool Man prefers Lowe's. Oh, well!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.