youngmoney

**Just Got A 30 day Late Fee by Error Ughhhh!**

Greetings all, just hung up the phone with Discover Card. Long story short the cust. service rep agreed that the error was their fault. She then agreed to remove the late fee and assured me that the late payment would NOT REPORT to any credit bureaus. Any ideas how I can be sure of that?? Speak with a specific department or supervisor??

Thanks
Latest Scores EQ 765 EX 758 TU 762
Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

Re: **Just Got A 30 day Late Fee by Error Ughhhh!**

If you still remember, write down the name of the person you spoke with, and the time. That way you can document that an actual human being promised you something.

For more advice on dealing with call centers, consult my blog. I worked in call centers for many years...
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
youngmoney

Thanks, I know how damaging just one 30 day late can be
Super Contributor
marty56

I had to pay Discover twice when I was in DMP since the DMP was being them late.  They were always straight with me.  I would take them at their word and if you are using a credit monitoring system like TC, check the date that the account updates so you can verify this.  I would also save a hard copy of all your statements just in case that go BofA on you.

Trust, but verify.
11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
youngmoney

Thanks Marty, I use the MyFICO and ID Theft Protection monitoring. Both are great!! ID theft just alerted me to an inquiry from 2 days ago!! Pretty good

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}