Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got Purple Letter from Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Got Purple Letter from Discover

Just got a purple letter from discover and has a narrow interest rate range, what are my chances of getting accepted?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got Purple Letter from Discover

Are the scores in your signature current? Discover is an iffy one, what is your profile made up of? any baddies? If you do apply get someone to refer you for the free 50$ which may even double to 100$.

Message 2 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

The purple has had good results lately    :]    Good luck if you app.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well currently I have 624 | 659 | 675. They dropped bc my credit util went up (forgot to pay the balance off before the new statement started). So i might wait 2 more months or so then apply. Whats the referal deal btw?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely wait it out, but I think you should be good to app though. As always discover can go either way. The referral deal is basically just free money for signing up for an IT card through the link someone gives you. The person who gives the referral gets 50$ cashback and you get 50 (which may double to 100). Basically it is the only way to get a sign up bonus with Discover. To get to a referral link you simply give someone who already has the IT your email, and they send you the link through the Discover website.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget to enter the invitation number if you apply through a referral. I have always gotten higher APRs than the offer letter when I didn't submit the invitation number. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks for the advice everyone! Going to probably wait atleast another 2 months before I apply to discover. Appreciate all the feedback.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looking at my mail from a week ago, another purple discover letter, does that mean they really want me as a creditee?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

no. discover seems to be the most agressive in this house for marketing.  The interesting thing is, they do offer a 0 BT fee option for the folks with better credit. I cant ever seem to get that one, even though Im not actively considering apping for disco, as we already have one in the house.  I think the narrow range thing is a good sign though.  But I would argue a narrow range of 10-14% PLUS the waiving of bt fees would seem the most obvious of preapproval, but I could be wrong.
I would personally prefer the Discover IT Miles for 3% the first year, then attempt a PC to the categories card after 1 year...but thats only because we already have the IT and no IT miles.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just looking at my mail from a week ago, another purple discover letter, does that mean they really want me as a creditee?

They did send us a funny one the other day, it envolved flipping the cardboard back again and again and each time the message changed. It was pretty cool!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.