Just Got Scores and Not Happy!!!!! Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Got Scores and Not Happy!!!!! Help

TU 742
EX 735
EQ 725

No change in NONE? I just had a little 3 point Drop for the Stupid Citi Inquries ion TU. I have a 9% utilization. I pay everything on time!!! 1 late on EQ from a student loan 3 years ago!!!! No collection!!! No Badies !!!!! 10 Inquries on TU I know too much but it's my highest Score? !!! Why? EX 5 inquries and EQ I belive 4. I recently added my U.S bank to my stable and the inquries did Nothing to my scores but I'm PERFECT. I SHOULD BE in the HIGH 780-840. I have a car payment and some student loans but they are perfect to. HLEP ME I WANT 800' s FAST
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Just Got Scores and Not Happy!!!!! Help

those are awesome to me..but i have read other posts about the higher you scores you are in a different "bucket" and that things score wise are done a little differently..
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's not scores that assign you to different buckets, but such things as length of credit history, whether you have a bankruptcy, lots of lates vs few vs none, and so forth.

ddd, what is the length of your credit history, both average and longest? And it might be different on all three reports. Sometimes your scores will plateau (get stuck), until you move up into a longer score history group.

And it's actually possible that you moved into a new score bucket between the last time you pulled scores and now. If you have Scorewatch, you would probably have gotten an alert hinting at this. At any rate, if you were re-bucketed, it dropped your scores temporarily (mine dropped 15 points), but they now have the potential to climb to a higher number. My scores recovered within 4-6 weeks, and they're now much higher than they were at the time.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 years is my credit history thats when I was 18 I'm 27 now. Average is not good probaly 3-4. All my horroble accounts from when i was 18 dropped off .
Message 4 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

How recently did they drop off? Did the last bad one fall off between last time you pulled and now? If so, you might have moved into a new bucket, your scores dropped, and then they came back up before you pulled again.

Otherwise, it might be that you're just in a holding pattern for now while your history gets older. Hard to say for sure!

(And no other baddies or anything snuck on, right? No balances went up, no new inqs, no difference between the last reports and these?)

edit: Oh, also, do you have more overall accounts with balances than before? Like last time it was 7 out of 15, and now it's 8 out of 15. This includes loans, mortgages, etc.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-18-2008 01:30 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 33
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

The things that reduce my scores (high 700s) are inqs and new credit - new being less than a year old.  And inqs is a total of 1 on EQ and 1 on EX

I have 7 years of perfection, and have not hit 800 yet.  I will probably have to wait until all my cards are over the magic 12 months old.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 33
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

And my oldest is 20 years old and my average is about 7 years!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I see your 9% util. I know common advice is to have between 1-9% util, but I have seen better scores with utilization at 1% than 9%, all else being equal. "YMMV" but i have seen this over time, as my scores have ranged from the 790s to the 820s. Just a factor to consider. (Oh, btw, also consider 'per-card' utilization in addition to over-all utilization --ETA: for example, I got dinged pretty good for having a 'no limit' card show about 40% util one month on EX, when my overall util was still 1% ) GL!

Message Edited by JayToo on 02-18-2008 01:56 PM
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score jumped to 799 when I brought my utilization down to 1%.... 
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a side note to my post above: I've also seen better scores at 1% than 0% util.... lower is not always better... Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.