Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got Scores and Not Happy!!!!! Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got Scores and Not Happy!!!!! Help

JayToo wrote:
OP, I see your 9% util. I know common advice is to have between 1-9% util, but I have seen better scores with utilization at 1% than 9%, all else being equal. "YMMV" but i have seen this over time, as my scores have ranged from the 790s to the 820s. Just a factor to consider. (Oh, btw, also consider 'per-card' utilization in addition to over-all utilization --ETA: for example, I got dinged pretty good for having a 'no limit' card show about 40% util one month on EX, when my overall util was still 1% ) GL!

Message Edited by JayToo on 02-18-2008 01:56 PM

Wow this sucks for me I have 4 no limit cards. 2 Amex and 2 Signature Visas. My utilitu just reached 9% it was always 0% but I booked my entire families vacation on my Amex for the points. That would be ZERO pretty soon. Thanks for the advice I'm going to use my Blue amex instead of Plat.
Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
How recently did they drop off? Did the last bad one fall off between last time you pulled and now? If so, you might have moved into a new bucket, your scores dropped, and then they came back up before you pulled again.

Otherwise, it might be that you're just in a holding pattern for now while your history gets older. Hard to say for sure!

(And no other baddies or anything snuck on, right? No balances went up, no new inqs, no difference between the last reports and these?)

edit: Oh, also, do you have more overall accounts with balances than before? Like last time it was 7 out of 15, and now it's 8 out of 15. This includes loans, mortgages, etc.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-18-2008 01:30 PM

Those dropped of years ago I credti bounced back problably the last 2 years from the 640's to what I have now. Now it's flawless except for that one Late on one credit report. 2 inquries for a srupid citi card but my score only got dinnged 3 points. Balances whent from like 3k to 5k because I booked a Punta Cana vacation for everyone on my Amex but at the same time I got my new U.S bank card with 8500 CL. It is not reporting yet when it reports you think I'm getting better scores becuse of CL or worse scores becuse of the NEW account. I have playin the miles game for the last year it's seriously running up my inqiries I NEED TO STOP. There is only so many NEW sig on bonuses I can get so I'm sure thats over for me. Same amount of accounts with balances but like i sad othwewise perfect.
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

esshua wrote:
My score jumped to 799 when I brought my utilization down to 1%.... 

From what? I had it at Zero for like 6 months thats I went from 680's to the 730's do you think If I wipe out my score I can got to 790's? What was youre score before the Jump?
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

This no-limit issue seems to be particularly bad on EX (similar to MV getting hit on EX with his HELOC). On TU and EQ it seems correctly factored (and show as "open"-type accounts), but on EX it is definitely a negative quirk.
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

ddd wrote:

esshua wrote:
My score jumped to 799 when I brought my utilization down to 1%.... 

From what? I had it at Zero for like 6 months thats I went from 680's to the 730's do you think If I wipe out my score I can got to 790's? What was youre score before the Jump?

Equifax FICO:
744 Jan 1
733 Feb 1
799 Feb 12

I think it would have gone up higher, but I have a new BofA Amex account...

Message Edited by esshua on 02-18-2008 05:11 PM
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

JayToo wrote:
This no-limit issue seems to be particularly bad on EX (similar to MV getting hit on EX with his HELOC). On TU and EQ it seems correctly factored (and show as "open"-type accounts), but on EX it is definitely a negative quirk.

wow i'm in trouble MOST of my cards except for a BOA Visa and BLUE Amex and Discover are NL. Cop Amex. Plat Amex, U.S WP Signature and Southwest Signature
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

wow i'm in trouble MOST of my cards except for a BOA Visa and BLUE Amex and Discover are NL. Cop Amex. Plat Amex, U.S WP Signature and Southwest Signature

I definitely hear ya... one of my NL cards is my favorite/primary (love, love, love itSmiley Happy ) The way I deal with it is to not worry about it too much if I'm not looking for credit (or insurance, or something where I want the highest score possible), BUT if I am looking for credit etc I definitely go out of my way for a few months beforehand to make sure this card reports lower utilization.

btw, esshua, your siggy made me think about my "1% better than 0%" comment above as you push through that 800 mark. Do you mind me asking what your longest TL age and ave age on EQ? Mine are about 15 and 7 years, respectively.
Message 17 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My understanding is that the Amex cards report properly as "other" and are excluded from calculating your util, but the others can be killers. There have been several threads going on about this problem. Do a user search on Dawn --she's done a lot of research on this. And I think it was krystofur who got burned, too.

I still haven't untangled which report the current balance as the CL, making you appear maxxed out every month, and which don't report at all, but obviously either are nightmares for your scores.

Good luck!

And BTW, good for you for taking your fam on vacation. That's the whole point of having good credit, so that you can do things like that. Hope you guys had a great time! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

JayToo wrote:

btw, esshua, your siggy made me think about my "1% better than 0%" comment above as you push through that 800 mark. Do you mind me asking what your longest TL age and ave age on EQ? Mine are about 15 and 7 years, respectively.

Length of Credit History 15 Years, 6 Months
Average Account Age 9 Years, 4 Months

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Length of Credit History 15 Years, 6 Months
Average Account Age 9 Years, 4 Months

Thanks, very nice. I think you are going to have to update that siggy soon to '..goal *reached*..800'! Smiley Happy GL!
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.