Just Got Scores and Not Happy!!!!! Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got Scores and Not Happy!!!!! Help

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

btw, esshua, your siggy made me think about my "1% better than 0%" comment above as you push through that 800 mark. Do you mind me asking what your longest TL age and ave age on EQ? Mine are about 15 and 7 years, respectively.

Length of Credit History 15 Years, 6 Months
Average Account Age 9 Years, 4 Months

Thanks, very nice. I think you are going to have to update that siggy soon to '..goal *reached*..800'! Smiley Happy GL!

No, I think I'll suffer a drastic drop with the next month.  I applied for 3 CCs this month.  All were approved.  Only one is reporting right now.  Screws up my history, but I was strategic with the INQs.  I haven't lost any pts due to INQs. 

I'm about to lose about $7700 in available credit when an open CC closes later this month.   While I'm enjoying the 799FICO, I know that it will soon depart.  I am not attached to it.  I'll watch it gleefully dance away... Like a candle in the wind... Smiley Sad

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by esshua on 02-18-2008 05:44 PM
Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

btw, esshua, your siggy made me think about my "1% better than 0%" comment above as you push through that 800 mark. Do you mind me asking what your longest TL age and ave age on EQ? Mine are about 15 and 7 years, respectively.

Length of Credit History 15 Years, 6 Months
Average Account Age 9 Years, 4 Months

Thanks, very nice. I think you are going to have to update that siggy soon to '..goal *reached*..800'! Smiley Happy GL!

No, I think I'll suffer a drastic drop with the next month.  I applied for 3 CCs this month.  All were approved.  Only one is reporting right now.  Screws up my history, but I was strategic with the INQs.  I haven't lost any pts due to INQs. 

I'm about to lose about $7700 in available credit when an open CC closes later this month.   While I'm enjoying the 799FICO, I know that it will soon depart.  I am not attached to it.  I'll watch it gleefully dance away... Like a candle in the wind... Smiley Sad

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by esshua on 02-18-2008 05:44 PM

Can you get me a Citi Amex Platinum with the 3 free passes to Hotel Loubges pelase?
Message 22 of 33
Dawn
Established Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
My understanding is that the Amex cards report properly as "other" and are excluded from calculating your util, but the others can be killers.
I haven't figured out what the deal is with this "Other."  I don't know what field in the reports it refers to.  I see our World MC reporting as OPEN & CREDIT CARD with no CL, and the high balance being factored into revolving utilization. 

From what I can tell from the CDIA guidelines ... our cards should be Account Types of:

Credit Card (non-retail card)
Charge Card (retail card)
Flexible Spending Card (no Preset Spending Limit combining Revolving & Open characteristics)
Secured Credit Card
Business Credit Card
Combined Credit Plan (combination of something like Visa & MC on one bill)

There are only five Portfolio Types for all types of credit:

Credit Line
Installment
Mortgage
Open
Revolving

I just don't understand what "Other" is referring to.  But I also guess I don't understand what "Open" implies either.  I thought it meant there was no specified limit and that the balance was to be paid in full monthly ... but ScorePower and MyFico are treating it as revolving on the reports I'm seeing.  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by Dawn on 02-18-2008 04:50 PM
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

ddd wrote:
 Can you get me a Citi Amex Platinum with the 3 free passes to Hotel Loubges pelase?

Why do you need a credit card to walk into a hotel lounge?
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

esshua wrote:

ddd wrote:

LOL I'm so stupid LOL I meant Airport Lounge
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
TU 742
EX 735
EQ 725
No change in NONE? I just had a little 3 point Drop for the Stupid Citi Inquries ion TU. I have a 9% utilization. I pay everything on time!!! 1 late on EQ from a student loan 3 years ago!!!! No collection!!! No Badies !!!!! 10 Inquries on TU I know too much but it's my highest Score? !!! Why? EX 5 inquries and EQ I belive 4. I recently added my U.S bank to my stable and the inquries did Nothing to my scores but I'm PERFECT. I SHOULD BE in the HIGH 780-840. I have a car payment and some student loans but they are perfect to. HLEP ME I WANT 800' s FAST

re "Help me I want 800's fast"
BTW ddd, I'm assuming you've seen the following great thread about characteristics of high-fico folks, but if others haven't who read this current thread:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&message.id=13361&query.id=176941#M13361

[dawn- thanks for posting/researching this, I'll def look through your past posts about NL issue
esshua- oh well, easy come easy go.. well, there's always photoshop... Smiley Wink j/k I agree with you, there are more important things than high scores.. Smiley Happy ]
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For me:.... for BOOZE..
Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Diamond HHonors membership gets you a gold key to the executive floor lounge.  I sometimes get free wine to wash down the free food.

I love the Hilton Honors program.

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Diamond HHonors membership gets you a gold key to the executive floor lounge.  I sometimes get free wine to wash down the free food.

The credit card gets you status or did you earn it with stays?

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The credit card gets you status or did you earn it with stays?

I'm specifically speaking of the HHonors membership, not a credit card. 

However, you can get a gold key with a Silver VIP membership.  If you have the Citi HHonors Signature Visa or the Amex HHonors, you are automatically granted Silver VIP status. 
Gold and Diamond VIPs get upgraded accomodations and other perks.  I usually book the cheapest room online and get upgraded to suites if available at check-in...
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.