Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got a PRE-APPROVAL From Synchrony Marvel

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got a PRE-APPROVAL From Synchrony Marvel

people are "credit card addicted" I see the shopping cart trick being abused and they will pay for having all those useless cards down the road. You don't have to accept a card just because you can. I also got a Marvel pre-approval but it went in the trash all it would do is sit in my sock drawer and lower my AAoA....trying to stay in the garden for a long time.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

people are "credit card addicted" I see the shopping cart trick being abused and they will pay for having all those useless cards down the road. You don't have to accept a card just because you can. I also got a Marvel pre-approval but it went in the trash all it would do is sit in my sock drawer and lower my AAoA....trying to stay in the garden for a long time.

I agree with the credit(not necessarily card, but sometimes that too) addiction problem that is apparently rampant on here, but wouldnt mind some actual infornation about these allegations of yours that I highlighted.

Ive seen that hinted at on occasion, but havent recently read any actual reasoning.  For me, for example, I have 2 SCT cards, about 1.7 yrs old like all of my cards(other than 2 brand new ones), that I dont use.  How are they hurting me?  If I closed them, would it supposedly help me, and why?  I have about 12 cards total, 7 store cards.  Please let me know what is hurting me and what I should do.  

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

having a few cards you don't use will not hurt you hell I have 5 I have that I only use every few months to keep them active...what I was talking about are the people new to credit who hear about things like "the shopping cart" trick and end up with 5-6 useless store cards with small limits that hold down their AAoA for a long time and show up as many "new accounts" for at least a year. the shopping card trick can be a good thing if it's not over done. payment history is a big part of your Fico score so having a few cards that you use and paying the bill every month will actually help you I just never understood the people who go out and take every "pre-approval" card they see. You need to look at the card and ask your self is this a card that I really need? because remember no matter how small or worthless a card is it still counts as a "new account" and drives down your AAoA and makes it harder to get the prime cards that are the goal of most people who are working on getting their scores up. Marvel cards look cool but how much will a card like this actually be used? is it worth adding a card like this to your profile and taking a hit? there are other great cards like Ebates that I actually use every month.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.