Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just PC my QS to VentureOne

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Just PC my QS to VentureOne

Decided to bug the chat people about an APR reduction. They didn't budge but offered an upgrade from my Quicksilver to VentureOne. Was like what the hell and decided to take it. Plan on PCing my TYP to DC in a few months anyways so I won't be losing out on any cashback and an AirMiles card is nice to add to my portfolio I guess Smiley Very Happy.

Worth it??

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
degs138
Established Contributor

Re: Just PC my QS to VentureOne

You just went from earning 1.5% back to 1.25% back.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 2 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Decided to bug the chat people about an APR reduction. They didn't budge but offered an upgrade from my Quicksilver to VentureOne. Was like what the hell and decided to take it. Plan on PCing my TYP to DC in a few months anyways so I won't be losing out on any cashback and an AirMiles card is nice to add to my portfolio I guess Smiley Very Happy.

Worth it??

I wouldn't have done that. You were bettter off just getting the Venture. Possibly higher starting limit, better rewards/sign up bonus, and much more return and you could have PCed it down to a VentureOne anyway. Only bad thing there is the triple pull but even the first year the AF is waived.

Double PC though is a good idea.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 15
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

I didnt want hard inquiries or anything. I rarely use the Cap1 anyways so not a huge loss and if anything i could always PC back to QS in half a year. Hopefully the venture is prettier at least!
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 4 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:
I didnt want hard inquiries or anything. I rarely use the Cap1 anyways so not a huge loss and if anything i could always PC back to QS in half a year. Hopefully the venture is prettier at least!

Understood on the inquiry part. I don't get cards just because of how they look though but if that makes you happier, then by all means, congrats on the PC.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 15
uswala
Senior Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Understood on the inquiry part. I don't get cards just because of how they look though but if that makes you happier, then by all means, congrats on the PC.

+1

Congrats, though, on PC!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:
Hopefully the venture is prettier at least!

There is always that.

The Quicksilver has got to be one of the ugliest cards I have ever seen.

The Venture is a "pretty" card for sure and it has held up better under heavy use than my CSP.  

To me, the Venture is better looking than the CSP and the CSP was a card I really wanted for the looks.

Message 8 of 15
JSS3
Valued Contributor

You can PC from Venture to Venture One?
Message 9 of 15
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@degs138 wrote:

You just went from earning 1.5% back to 1.25% back.

Yup. Capital One calls it an upgrade, I call it a downgrade. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.