cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

The latter basically states that i will receive a $500 CLI after my 4th statement an another $500 CLI after my 7th statement cuts so my ending CL will be $1500. My question should i still call after my 3rd statement cuts an request a CLI or should i just wait for the credit steps it kick in i don't wanna push it with them?

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-13-2009 09:51 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Re: Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

I got a CLI after my 3rd statement by asking, then never got my credit steps after the 4th.  I'm now almost to the 5th statement.  I suppose either way, I'm at $1000, which is where I would be if I had gotten my credit steps.  However you probably will not get both
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Comp5569 wrote:
I got a CLI after my 3rd statement by asking, then never got my credit steps after the 4th.  I'm now almost to the 5th statement.  I suppose either way, I'm at $1000, which is where I would be if I had gotten my credit steps.  However you probably will not get both

I've read threads here where people have received a CLI plus there credit steps the next month hmmm?
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-14-2009 01:35 AM
Message 3 of 8
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Comp5569 wrote:

I've read threads here where people have received a CLI plus there credit steps the next month hmmm?
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-14-2009 01:35 AM

That's true. On my first cap 1 this happened. But I believe that they are stopping this practice. I'm 2 weeks overdue for a 4 month credit steps increase, because I got an early CLI in dec. The rep basiclly told me that I already got the increase in dec. so I wouldn't get another. Just my recent experience.
Message Edited by ralbusta on 02-14-2009 12:05 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ralbusta wrote:
That's true. On my first cap 1 this happened. But I believe that they are stopping this practice. I'm 2 weeks overdue for a 4 month credit steps increase, because I got an early CLI in dec. The rep basiclly told me that I already got the increase in dec. so I wouldn't get another. Just my recent experience.

Well maybe ill just wait it out an let them auto CLI me.

Message 5 of 8
tunseeker1
Regular Contributor

I got one of those letters but lost it.  Can you post the number for me or PM it to me I had some questions.
Message 6 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

I called after the 2nd statement & got a CLI from $300 to $600.  Then, on my 3rd statement, I got the Credit Steps CLI to $750, like my letter said I would.  I am waiting to see if I will get the Credit Steps CLI after my 7th statement.  I'm barely coming up to my 5th statement.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tunseeker1 wrote:
I got one of those letters but lost it.  Can you post the number for me or PM it to me I had some questions.

Its the same number that's on the back of your card 800-955-7070
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.