Reply
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

[ Edited ]

The latter basically states that i will receive a $500 CLI after my 4th statement an another $500 CLI after my 7th statement cuts so my ending CL will be $1500. My question should i still call after my 3rd statement cuts an request a CLI or should i just wait for the credit steps it kick in i don't wanna push it with them?

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-13-2009 09:51 PM

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Comp5569
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎10-07-2008
0

Re: Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

I got a CLI after my 3rd statement by asking, then never got my credit steps after the 4th.  I'm now almost to the 5th statement.  I suppose either way, I'm at $1000, which is where I would be if I had gotten my credit steps.  However you probably will not get both
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

[ Edited ]

Comp5569 wrote:
I got a CLI after my 3rd statement by asking, then never got my credit steps after the 4th.  I'm now almost to the 5th statement.  I suppose either way, I'm at $1000, which is where I would be if I had gotten my credit steps.  However you probably will not get both

 

I've read threads here where people have received a CLI plus there credit steps the next month hmmm?
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-14-2009 01:35 AM

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
ralbusta
Posts: 309
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

[ Edited ]

mjbfan79 wrote:

Comp5569 wrote:
I got a CLI after my 3rd statement by asking, then never got my credit steps after the 4th.  I'm now almost to the 5th statement.  I suppose either way, I'm at $1000, which is where I would be if I had gotten my credit steps.  However you probably will not get both

 

I've read threads here where people have received a CLI plus there credit steps the next month hmmm?
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-14-2009 01:35 AM

 

That's true. On my first cap 1 this happened. But I believe that they are stopping this practice. I'm 2 weeks overdue for a 4 month credit steps increase, because I got an early CLI in dec. The rep basiclly told me that I already got the increase in dec. so I wouldn't get another. Just my recent experience.
Message Edited by ralbusta on 02-14-2009 12:05 PM
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?


ralbusta wrote:
That's true. On my first cap 1 this happened. But I believe that they are stopping this practice. I'm 2 weeks overdue for a 4 month credit steps increase, because I got an early CLI in dec. The rep basiclly told me that I already got the increase in dec. so I wouldn't get another. Just my recent experience.

 Well maybe ill just wait it out an let them auto CLI me.

 


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
tunseeker1
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎04-06-2008
0

Re: Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

I got one of those letters but lost it.  Can you post the number for me or PM it to me I had some questions.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98
Posts: 4,334
Registered: ‎09-06-2008
0

Re: Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?

I called after the 2nd statement & got a CLI from $300 to $600.  Then, on my 3rd statement, I got the Credit Steps CLI to $750, like my letter said I would.  I am waiting to see if I will get the Credit Steps CLI after my 7th statement.  I'm barely coming up to my 5th statement.
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Just Received Capital One Credit Steps Letter QUESTION?


tunseeker1 wrote:
I got one of those letters but lost it.  Can you post the number for me or PM it to me I had some questions.

 

Its the same number that's on the back of your card 800-955-7070

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}