Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Received My First Credit Steps From Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Received My First Credit Steps From Capital One

After being approved for the card 4 months ago i received a letter in the mail stating my credit steps would kick in around the 4th statement. My 4th statement just cut no credit steps what gives?

UPDATE: I just looked online an my new credit is $1000 i guess it just took a few hours for everything to register in there computers. This is a happy moment for me this is my highest CL on a major credit card. In 3 more months my CL will be $1500. I guess after that i will be stuck at $1500 lol.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 04-25-2009 08:47 AM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Credit Steps From Capital One?

Call the backdoor # and see what they say.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pardon my ignorance but what are credit steps? Sorry for being such a newb.
Message Edited by 1dawg on 04-25-2009 01:45 AM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you call the magic number and request a CLI before your credit steps was set to go in effect? I did call, was granted a CLI and did not receive my first credit step increase. My 7th statement just cut and I rec'd my second CLI.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Message Edited by 1dawg on 04-25-2009 01:45 AM

Basically a credit limit increase.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you call the magic number and request a CLI before your credit steps was set to go in effect? I did call, was granted a CLI and did not receive my first credit step increase. My 7th statement just cut and I rec'd my second CLI.

I did twice but they declined it.
Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

1dawg wrote:

The advanced search function here on the boards is your friend. Look up above and click "advanced." I entered in the top box (the one that says "With all the words") cap one credit step, and lower down, where it says "Return only posts from", click the Anywhere button and select Credit Cards. Then I hit enter and stepped back.

I found these:

Capital One - Credit Steps"

My Credit Steps are Complete!!!

There are a bunch more, if these don't help.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Received My First Credit Steps From Capital One

good for you! One thing I did notice on mine was that on the Cap One website ( I checked it on the day my statement was due to cut)in the parenthesis it showed my new credit limit- however it took a day for it to be added to my amount available.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What were your scores when you got approved. If you don't mind sharing. I'm looking for another card to add.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What were your scores when you got approved. If you don't mind sharing. I'm looking for another card to add.

TU:721 EX:664 EQ:640

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.