Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a few final things - farewell.

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Just a few final things - farewell.

Sometimes I don't even remember this forum exists and then sometimes I come back and post frequently.  Sometimes it's only now and then.

Maybe you could continue to post as you feel like it.  It's a helpful forum and it's kind of fun to compare notes.

Speaking of comparing notes, I just got turned down by Citi, also.  Many people get turned down by them.  I've never ever gotten credit with Citi although I have a ton of credit with many other companies.  Personally, I think Citi is very tough.  In my opinion, they can go sit on a tack, though.  I don't really need them, and you don't need them either., I'm pretty sure.  Smiley Wink

Not applicable

If its any consolation I had to fight for a while to get approved for my first credit card in many years after having bad credit for so long.

Dont give up. We're in a terrible market and they are turning down people who 3 years ago would have been approved.

I got turned down by WaMu 4 or 5 times over 2 years....then one day they approved me for $1800 and that was the start of what is now the best credit scores Ive ever had.

Its worth it to keep plugging away at them until one of them caves and gives you a card just to shut you up.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's fine if you want to quit playing this game. But if you plan to buy car, you might need to maintain good credit score to qualify for lower interest rate. And you could achieve that with no credit card account in credit report. Believe me? Just one last thing before you leave the forum, become penfed CU member and open checking account there with thrifting credit service account( aka overdraft protection). This thing will be reported as revolving account and will be perfect substitute for regular revolving tradeline in credit report. You don't even need to have any activity on this account. Let it stay dormant and it will keep reporting every months from now on with much less risk of closure due to non-activity on account unlike regular CCs.

Good luck

Message 13 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

wish you GL and success in your credit endeavors and beyond!

++++++1 to all previous posts

Keeping that Cap1 open to use for small purchases and PIF could serve as a valuable bridge builder, when you app for another loan going forward.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.