cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a heads up about Chase applications.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a heads up about Chase applications.

Don't know if you guys knew this but you can only app for 2 card within 30 days or you get automatically denied for a third.

CLI requests count as an app in their system.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just a heads up about Chase applications.

Just saved myself from a denial if true. 

Message 2 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know if you guys knew this but you can only app for 2 card within 30 days or you get automatically denied for a third.

Hmm. This is something I had not heard before. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. Its stupid in my opinion. I applied for the chase freedom then I wanted a CLI right away and I was approved for that as well. It showed up as 2 applications. I tried to get the chase amazon card. I got a denial. I called and thats what I was told by their recon team. She said that my app will be active for 30 days and that I can call and get that approved later on
Message 4 of 13
flawesome
Contributor

Thanks for the info!

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive heard that Chase also has some sort of internal limit they are willing to give you as far as cc

Message 6 of 13
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Might be auto denied but manual reviews can override this process imo.

I app'd for three cards and two CLI's with Chase within a 14 day period. First card was approved instanly along with a CLI request approval upon card activation, second card was approved on reconsideration along with CLI request approval upon card activation, third card was denied due to too many recent inquiries. Also because my reports are frozen and I only allowed access for a specific time, the first HP served as the basis for all the remaining pulls. I was not denied or turned down due to reports being frozen on the subsequent pulls.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep. Its stupid in my opinion.

I don't think it is. Asking for CLI is essentially asking for more credit (borrowing power). It really isn't any different than applying for a new card.

Message 8 of 13
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

It is true...  I have a Disney World trip coming up in a couple of weeks so I apped for the Chase Disney card for the 10% off during my trip.  I figured after my vacation I could then just SD it for awhile and then move the limit over to another card and close it.  Well their system auto-declined it and I never even got an HP anywhere.  He didn't specifically state 30 days, but when I called in the Analyst stated my Marriott and CSP being too recent as the reason for the decline.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, true. Their system is a little odd IMO.

Chase has treated me well though with a CLI right off the bat.

Can't complain.

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep. Its stupid in my opinion.

I don't think it is. Asking for CLI is essentially asking for more credit (borrowing power). It really isn't any different than applying for a new card.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.