Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: Just added my sister as authorized user-question

Since a Cap1 is allready on her report, I would suggest a cap1 card, then wait 6 months, and go for Chase freedom, clean report, 6 months of history will probably get her in the door, I would also recomend AMEX PRG, buy a pack of gum, pay it off put it away, just to lock in membership year,  set a calendar event for 11 months later to have her call and cancel it unless she has work/lifestyle requirements that make the card make sense, lock the card up in a safe deposit box or a safe so she can use the number when she is ready to be an active AMEX member for backdating goodness,  She could also consider a Discover IT at some point.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/15/2014
New Contributor
samm90

Who does she bank with? Wells Fargo gave me my first card, and they were generous. It might be easier for her to be approved and manage a card that is linked to an account she already checks.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Valued Member
Tonydga

We bank at Regions. Good bank as far as bank accounts (in our experience) but their credit cards don't seem to get rave reviews from what I read so I think they are out. I will probably advise her to either do DiscoverIT or stick with Cap One since she will have an established cc relationship with them. The card that I added her on has a 3 year excellent credit history on it, so she will already have a good advantage. I remember I had to start from the very very very bottom and build my way up by myself so hopefully she won't have to go through as much credit file building as I did.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Tonydga wrote:

We bank at Regions. Good bank as far as bank accounts (in our experience) but their credit cards don't seem to get rave reviews from what I read so I think they are out. I will probably advise her to either do DiscoverIT or stick with Cap One since she will have an established cc relationship with them. The card that I added her on has a 3 year excellent credit history on it, so she will already have a good advantage. I remember I had to start from the very very very bottom and build my way up by myself so hopefully she won't have to go through as much credit file building as I did.

I would agree.  Regions doesn't really have too much of great CC products, let alone their stringent qualification criteria.

Valued Member
Tonydga

I do have a question....will her $4k annual salary be an issue all things above considered?
Valued Contributor
FinStar

Tonydga wrote:
I do have a question....will her $4k annual salary be an issue all things above considered?

The income may come into play with some lenders but if she is still currently a student, then she could likely try the student version of the Discover CC down the road, Citi also offers a couple student CCs as well.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}