Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just an FYI Ritz Signup

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Just an FYI Ritz Signup

So I opened my Ritz card in late May but in the past week I've noticed the sign up offer changed to $5k spend for 3 nights plus 10,000 bonus points for adding an AU. Emailed Chase to see if they could match the offer and they were very gracious about it. The good part is I keep my $395 AF plus I just got the Visa Infinite version. For a frequent traveler, it's a no brainer considering a RC property is well over $2k for a 3 night stay - standard room, depending on location... not trying to advocate getting into additional debt for an extra night but if u already have bills u need to pay anyways then it only makes sense to take advantage of this offer that's if you've had ur RC card opened within the last 90days. Just thought I should share....

20160811_063822.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just an FYI Ritz Signup

@pip3man wrote:

So I opened my Ritz card in late May but in the past week I've noticed the sign up offer changed to $5k spend for 3 nights plus 10,000 bonus points for adding an AU. Emailed Chase to see if they could match the offer and they were very gracious about it. The good part is I keep my $395 AF plus I just got the Visa Infinite version. For a frequent traveler, it's a no brainer considering a RC property is well over $2k for a 3 night stay - standard room, depending on location... not trying to advocate getting into additional debt for an extra night but if u already have bills u need to pay anyways then it only makes sense to take advantage of this offer that's if you've had ur RC card opened within the last 90days. Just thought I should share....

20160811_063822.png

Could you share what you sent to them to allow them to honor your request? I opened up my account 6/1 and I've already spent more then $5K Smiley Happy
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waynes1982 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

Could you share what you sent to them to allow them to honor your request? I opened up my account 6/1 and I've already spent more then $5K Smiley Happy

All you have to do is send them something similar to this:

Dear Mr and Mrs Chase:

I opened a new account for the Ritz Carlton card on 6/1 under the signup offer that existed at the time.  I have noticed that Chase is now offering a signup bonus that included 3 free nights at a Ritz Carlton hotel if you spend $5K in a three month period.  I would like to know if it is possible that this new offer be applied to my account as I have already spent over $5K since my account was opened.  Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Your adoring customer Waynes 1982

If you don't want to send a SM, you can always call JPMorgan reps at the number on the back of your card.  You shouldn't have any problem as Chase typically will extend new offers within a 90 day period.  The key is that they have to match the lower AF because the Card Act prevents them from charging you a higher AF.

Message 3 of 13
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

Dear Mr and Mrs Chase:

I opened a new account for the Ritz Carlton card on 6/1 under the signup offer that existed at the time.  I have noticed that Chase is now offering a signup bonus that included 3 free nights at a Ritz Carlton hotel if you spend $5K in a three month period.  I would like to know if it is possible that this new offer be applied to my account as I have already spent over $5K since my account was opened.  Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

If you don't want to send a SM, you can always call JPMorgan reps at the number on the back of your card.  You shouldn't have any problem as Chase typically will extend new offers within a 90 day period.  The key is that they have to match the lower AF because the Card Act prevents them from charging you a higher AF.

Just never asked for a company to honor a higher bonus before. Is it best to call or email?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waynes1982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

Dear Mr and Mrs Chase:

Just never asked for a company to honor a higher bonus before. Is it best to call or email?

Doesn't really matter,  though in a SM, you'll have a written record of their response

Message 5 of 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@waynes1982 lol here's a copy and paste of the SM I sent them. It doesn't matter if u call or email but personally I prefer email. Good luck and I'm sure you'll get it!

Hello,

I was wondering if you could match the welcome bonus offer on my Ritz Carlton card for the current sign up offer of 3 complimentary nights for spending $5000 in 3months. My account is fairly new and I'm hoping you're able to honor it

Thank you very much.

misterED

Message 6 of 13
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@waynes1982 lol here's a copy and paste of the SM I sent them. It doesn't matter if u call or email but personally I prefer email. Good luck and I'm sure you'll get it!

Hello,

I was wondering if you could match the welcome bonus offer on my Ritz Carlton card for the current sign up offer of 3 complimentary nights for spending $5000 in 3months. My account is fairly new and I'm hoping you're able to honor it

Thank you very much.

misterED

Already got the extra night posted into my account and the 10k bonus points will be added when my statement cuts! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

same here too. so amazing how super fast they issue the free night certifcate! I met the additional $1k spending today, purchase is still pending... logged into my Marriott account the extra night is already there. Gotta love Chase!!

Message 8 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

Dear Mr and Mrs Chase:

I try to do everything in written form. Sometimes it doesn't work out, and I love to have chat logs, messages, emails, and tweets to throw back at them when a rep says "we would never agree to do that."

It doesn't happen too often with signup bonuses, but when you get a rep to accidentally agree to waive your $400-$500 annual fee, and then it posts, it's good to have when you're told you cant get it waived. 60% of the time, it works every time. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for this card yesterday but I signed up for the $395 AF and two complimentary nights after $4k of spend. If I can get this new offer but keep the lower AF.... that would be great!!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.