Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just an FYI on closing Synch CC's...

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just an FYI on closing Synch CC's...

I closed a few Synch backed store cards a few weeks ago, and got my response letters back in the mail.  Im hitting a hightlight here for anyone that isnt aware of how Synch works, when closing cards of theirs. 

If you ever want to apply again for THAT SAME CC, you have to wait 12 months to do so.  

For example, I closed BP Gas card.  If I decide I want that CC again in the future, their policy is, I have to wait 12 months to reapply. 

Just wanted to let everyone know, in case you werent aware...Smiley Happy

image.jpg

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Just an FYI on closing Synch CC's...

I saw this posted somewhere by someone...may have been you lol. But anyway I suppose they do it so people can't abuse the system and just close and open accts at will in order to get the discounts/bonuses.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

yea..I posted this because I saw a thread awhile back, that a poster decided they shouldn't have closed their card, and called to get it reopened, and they of course said NO, and they would have wait a year to reapply for the same card. So, wanted everyone to be aware to think twice before closing Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just closed my JCPenney card a few days ago. Thought about it the next day and how it might affect my util. Was my highest credit limit at the time, but only opened it a few months ago.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out the hard way too. I closed a Lowes card that only had a $400 CL that I truly never used in the year I had the card. When I applied for it when I was in a much better financial position in April I got a flat out  denial, but it never even had a HP. I found out recently that it was the 12 month rule, however the supervisor I spoke to apparently removed that restriction because when I reapplied for it on June 24, it didn't deny me like I expected, it gave me an approval. The supervisor had told me to call as soon as I applied and they would immediately review it, which I ended up not having to do because of him removing it.

Anyway, lesson learned and thanks for sharing for those who also have found out the hard way.

Message 5 of 15
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Oops, wrong CCC Smiley Tongue

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

??? What do mean wrong CCC...Im staring at my letter right now that says SYNCHRONY...  This is their policy...

Message 7 of 15
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

??? What do mean wrong CCC...Im staring at my letter right now that says SYNCHRONY...  This is their policy...

I responded to your post with Comenity on my mind. Had to edit. Lol!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 8 of 15
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Darn it.....no wonder I couldn't get my CareCredit back
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 9 of 15
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.