cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just apped for AMEX BCE and app is still pending.....

tag
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Re: Just apped for AMEX BCE and app is still pending.....

Good luck to you.  Wondering if Amex does a (3rd) hard pull when you ask them to reconsider a previous recon as well...

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 41 of 45
jbrickbm
New Contributor

Just and update about my Amex recon.   After waiting it seems like a week, I called up spoke to new accounts and he said that he would initiate a 3 way call with review department.  After about 3 minutes he came back and said that unfortunetly they were unable to approve the application upon futher review.  I basically said thanks and hung up.

I decided that wasnt good enough and called the Executive office of American Express, a woman answered and I introduced myself and explained my situation and her response was "this is the executive office,we dont handle that, let me transfer you to our new account department"  i quickly told her no I dont want to speak to a foreigner and the reason I had called them is for the poor customer service about my application.  I explained I had 6 years of on time payments and 1 collection that has been paid in full.  She said she would have a member of managment look over my application again and she would call me back....

So, the application is back in "in progress" on the status check site....so im hoping they approve me...

EQ MyFico : 738- 05/28/13TU Walmart: 680- 06/13TU CreditKarma 713- 06/13EX CreditSesame 706- 06/13
Discover IT$3,000, CapitalOne-Rewards$1400, CapitalOne-Rewards2$1000 , BestBuy$600, Orchard Bank$300, Walmart$150

Message 42 of 45
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jbrickbm wrote:

Just and update about my Amex recon.   After waiting it seems like a week, I called up spoke to new accounts and he said that he would initiate a 3 way call with review department.  After about 3 minutes he came back and said that unfortunetly they were unable to approve the application upon futher review.  I basically said thanks and hung up.

I decided that wasnt good enough and called the Executive office of American Express, a woman answered and I introduced myself and explained my situation and her response was "this is the executive office,we dont handle that, let me transfer you to our new account department"  i quickly told her no I dont want to speak to a foreigner and the reason I had called them is for the poor customer service about my application.  I explained I had 6 years of on time payments and 1 collection that has been paid in full.  She said she would have a member of managment look over my application again and she would call me back....

So, the application is back in "in progress" on the status check site....so im hoping they approve me...

Wow....

WTG on not giving up!!! Persistance!!!! 

Good luck!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 45
electra
Established Contributor

Crossing my fingers for you!!! Good luck!! Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 45
jbrickbm
New Contributor

My application is stil "in progress" since the 29th of May.  I really dont want to call New Acounts and deal with them again in fear of a quick decline.  I guesse I will just wait and if application stays in progress for the next week I will attempt to call Amex EO again.

EQ MyFico : 738- 05/28/13TU Walmart: 680- 06/13TU CreditKarma 713- 06/13EX CreditSesame 706- 06/13
Discover IT$3,000, CapitalOne-Rewards$1400, CapitalOne-Rewards2$1000 , BestBuy$600, Orchard Bank$300, Walmart$150

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.