Did you mean: 

Just apped for WF

tag
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Just apped for WF

Just apped for a WF card and got this:

Thank you for submitting your applicationPrint this page

We need to verify a few pieces of information before we can give you a credit decision.

Wells Fargo Cash BackSM Card

Reference Number:  xxxxxxx.

Is there a number I can call to expedite this?

I kinda doubt I will get approved.But I recently decided to make WF my main bank so I thought Id test the waters with their CC.

thanks!

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Just apped for WF

@bigman023 wrote:

We need to verify a few pieces of information before we can give you a credit decision.

I kinda doubt I will get approved.But I recently decided to make WF my main bank so I thought Id test the waters with their CC.

thanks!

i think it gives you a number on the email that you can call and just ask to speak to a credit analyst regarding the status of your application.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 14
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@bigman023 wrote:

thanks!

Wells Fargo:  866 677 1128 (credit analyst)

Back door number listed in sticky at the top of the page. 

Message 3 of 14
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Called the number in the email and the CSR pretty much repeated the wording in the email. NO help at all, just stated the status is pending.  I called the analyst number you posted, and the CSR said they didnt handle decisions in that dept.  Luckily she transferred me to the UW dept.  AND gave me the number, which is 866.412.5956.  They were able to tell me I was approved.  Unfortunately, it was with a toy limit of $1k.  But I think this card may be considered prime, or close to it, so Ill take it.

6 month 0% APR and 3% cash back.  Not too bad a start, considering Im at about 28% utilization. and my score is just 667. Oh well, back to the garden until Aug.

Thanks for your help! 

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 4 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@bigman023 wrote:

Called the number in the email and the CSR pretty much repeated the wording in the email. NO help at all, just stated the status is pending.  I called the analyst number you posted, and the CSR said they didnt handle decisions in that dept.  Luckily she transferred me to the UW dept.  AND gave me the number, which is 866.412.5956.  They were able to tell me I was approved.  Unfortunately, it was with a toy limit of $1k.  But I think this card may be considered prime, or close to it, so Ill take it.

6 month 0% APR and 3% cash back.  Not too bad a start, considering Im at about 28% utilization. and my score is just 667. Oh well, back to the garden until Aug.

Thanks for your help! 

Congrats on your appoval and the card is considered prime. I have a secured one and they even gave me an auto CLI so treat the card right and it will grow on you!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 14
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@bigman023 wrote:

Thanks for your help! 

I just got the same card on 1/31/13 as my first credit card in a long, long time.  I had some collections and chargeoffs on my CR that had all been paid for delete or fallen off due to age in the last couple years.  I didn't have any open tradelines at the time but I was approved for the card with a $1500 CL.  I applied for an AMEX green charge card the next day and was declined.  My WF card just started reporting so I gave AMEX another shot and was approved for a charge card and credit card.

The terms of the WF cash back card seem good enough, I've been buying gas and groceries with it to take advantage of the full 3%.  Regardless it has no AF and will only help you get that 28% utilization down.   

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval! 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 8 of 14
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval.
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 9 of 14
colindidit
Established Contributor

Cooll congrats. Do you need to be a WF member to apply for this card?
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.