cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just applied Amex said the system is down?

tag
Haroon
New Contributor

Just applied Amex said the system is down?

I just applied and it said they were unable to process my application because the system is experiencing difficulties. Is there an automated line to check status ?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Re: Just applied Amex said the system is down?

Hmmm.  I should hurry and go applu, JUST so I don't see an auto denial. Smiley Tongue

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 2 of 15
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@Haroon wrote:
I just applied and it said they were unable to process my application because the system is experiencing difficulties. Is there an automated line to check status ?

Same thing just happened to me:  I got an email inviting me to apply for the Gold Card. 

After filling out the online application and hitting the submit button - the "system difficulties" page appeared & said that I should check back later.

Checked the "application status" link: "We are unable to locate your application".

I wonder if their servers suddenly got slammed with new applicants ??

Message 3 of 15
john398
Senior Contributor

I also got an invite for the gold card

Whats odd is I can no longer find on the american express where it says check for offers without an rsvp code, anyone know where that is?

Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Got the email too. They took that page down a few months ago. It does come and go but it has been down more than up.
Message 5 of 15
Haroon
New Contributor

I called and they said they had mo record of my application. Let us k ow if you get an update.
Message 6 of 15
nfs_mw
New Contributor

Check your app status online...also call n before you do another app. they were experiencing some problems but they will still have a record of your app..

Message 7 of 15
lazylane
New Contributor

I applied over the phone yesterday. More than 24 hrs later, I still can't check the status of my application over the phone or online :-(
Message 8 of 15
SteveCi
Established Member

It's stressin me out!!! I WANT THE BCE!!! Smiley Happy

After applying last night, they gave me this message,  Sorry - We're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Says In Progress

I've called two representatives, one said we are not taking applications right now. I said I applied last night and would like to check the status. She replied Sir, I am sorry we do not have any available applications currently.  -- I hadn't even told her my information yet! :-D

The second representative found my application and said a team is working very hard to come to a decision. I should know within two to three days with an answer. 

So we wait... 

FICO (04/14): 752 1) Too many inquiries 2)Student loan

Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.