New Contributor
Haroon

Just applied Amex said the system is down?

I just applied and it said they were unable to process my application because the system is experiencing difficulties. Is there an automated line to check status ?
Established Contributor
VirtualCuriosity

Re: Just applied Amex said the system is down?

Hmmm.  I should hurry and go applu, JUST so I don't see an auto denial. :smileytongue:

TU98 700, TU08 700, EQ 726, EX 700 (As of 10/2014) - Personal Goal = 760+

Gardening since 8-1-14

Frequent Contributor
NonSufficientFunds

[ Edited ]

Haroon wrote:
I just applied and it said they were unable to process my application because the system is experiencing difficulties. Is there an automated line to check status ?

Same thing just happened to me:  I got an email inviting me to apply for the Gold Card. 

After filling out the online application and hitting the submit button - the "system difficulties" page appeared & said that I should check back later.

Checked the "application status" link: "We are unable to locate your application".

I wonder if their servers suddenly got slammed with new applicants ??

Senior Contributor
john398

I also got an invite for the gold card

Whats odd is I can no longer find on the american express where it says check for offers without an rsvp code, anyone know where that is?

09Lexie

Got the email too. They took that page down a few months ago. It does come and go but it has been down more than up.
New Contributor
Haroon

I called and they said they had mo record of my application. Let us k ow if you get an update.
Valued Member
nfs_mw

Check your app status online...also call n before you do another app. they were experiencing some problems but they will still have a record of your app..

New Contributor
lazylane

I applied over the phone yesterday. More than 24 hrs later, I still can't check the status of my application over the phone or online :-(
Established Member
SteveCi

It's stressin me out!!! I WANT THE BCE!!! :smileyhappy:

After applying last night, they gave me this message,  Sorry - We're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Says In Progress

I've called two representatives, one said we are not taking applications right now. I said I applied last night and would like to check the status. She replied Sir, I am sorry we do not have any available applications currently.  -- I hadn't even told her my information yet! :-D

The second representative found my application and said a team is working very hard to come to a decision. I should know within two to three days with an answer. 

So we wait... 

FICO (04/14): 752 1) Too many inquiries 2)Student loan

09Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}