Revelate

Re: Just applied for BoA secured

beautybrainsbooty wrote:

a HP every time??? good to know! wow. i need to stick with the credit unions.

Many CU's are HP's too for secured cards.

It's not really a huge deal unless you're onesie-twosieing deposits, in which case C1, USAA, NFCU, SDFCU (I think) and possibly a few others are the list.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
mmmagique

I apped on Sunday, and first thing this morning (Tuesday following Labor day) I noticed the money has been pulled from my CU. Does that mean it's been approved? 

Established Contributor
Jlu

In many cases, yes. Was the same with me. Unless you have a BK or a recent (2 years or newer) baddie you will be approved.

Wallet: JP Morgan Select Visa Signature $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Citi ThankYou Premier Visa Signature $5700 | AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card | Barclaycard Visa $5k | Discover IT $10k | Chase Freedom Visa $3k | Capital One Quicksilver $3k | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $8k | Walmart Store $5k | Amazon Store $10k | Chase Total Checking |
New Contributor
mmmagique

[ Edited ]

Ok, didn't want to wait until next week to find out, so I called the secured cc number. (888-260-4696)

She told me they were waiting for the payment from the "other bank" to come through. It's through my credit union and it was out before 9 am tuesday morning (today is friday) 

I told her that, and asked her about the 123 rewards. She said to call them when my card arrived, and congratulated me on my approval. : ) I do have a couple of lates on other accounts that are over six months old, but no other recent real baddies. I also have had a checking and savings account with them for several years. 

I'm glad to get this account, to put myself into the higher that toy ($3000) limit category. So *YaY*!!!

Valued Contributor
jsucool76

mmmagique wrote:

Ok, didn't want to wait until next week to find out, so I called the secured cc number. (888-260-4696)

She told me they were waiting for the payment from the "other bank" to come through. It's through my credit union and it was out before 9 am tuesday morning (today is friday) 

I told her that, and asked her about the 123 rewards. She said to call them when my card arrived, and congratulated me on my approval. : ) I do have a couple of lates on other accounts that are over six months old, but no other recent real baddies. I also have had a checking and savings account with them for several years. 

I'm glad to get this account, to put myself into the higher that toy ($3000) limit category. So *YaY*!!!

I've heard of plenty of people adding 1-2-3 before receiving their card because AFAIK it takes like 3-4 weeks or something for it to be activated, so if you're set on having that I would call up again and ask to add it, this way you get a few days ahead of the game :smileyvery-happy:

congratulations on your approval :smileyvery-happy: 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 2000CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+