Frequent Contributor
joestay

Just applied for a Amex Trueearnings Card

After I submitted my application, it says, "If you qualify, you'll recieve your card in 14 days."

Does this mean I got denied?

Regular Contributor
ma_fico

Re: Just applied for a Amex Trueearnings Card

Not necessarily - they don't do online auto approvals for the Costco card.

Better to apply in store for this one.

Frequent Contributor
joestay

Anyone know the earliest I can find out if I am approved or not?  How long did it take you to know?  Anyone who applied for this card.

Valued Member
danababy98

My DH applied at our local Costco, took about 1 1/2 weeks to get the email saying we were approved.  Do you spend alot at Costco?  I think they take a look at that.  Good luck!

TU-656 EQ-686 EX-655
Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

As previous poster have mentioned, the message does not mean that you are denied.  Like yourself, I applied online for the AMEX True Earnings Costco card.  I got a similar message and I was approved in about a week and a half.  I later found out that some people got instant approvals if they applied in-store.  Anyway, good luck!

Frequent Contributor
joestay

So, I went to experian to check my credit report today.  It doesn't show the inquiry from me applying for the TrueEarnings Card yesterday.  I thought those inquiries were supposed to get onto the credit report right away?  Is this normal.  Also, experiandirect is the correct website for experian report, right?  Just want to make sure I was on the right website.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+