Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just applied for the Chase Freedom

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Just applied for the Chase Freedom

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Sadly I was denied. They said they don't see enough of credit history rebuild....and that  my current secured CC with a CL of 1,000.00 I've only had for 10 months.

Sorry to hear about your denial.  I would try to recon once again as Chase is pretty good w/ recons.  Sometimes you just need to talk to the right analyst who's willing to listen to your story....otherwise keep working hard and let your scores rise up a bit and try again in 6months or so.  Best wishes.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 11 of 13
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Thank you for the encourgement...I was thinking of calling again.....I read someone posts that they had called like 5 times....I'm feeling pretty sad but and going to give it another shot when I get home from work. Any good ideas on what to say??

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 12 of 13
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

My advice is to own up to what's on your reports if you have derogs. It sounds much better and responsible to acknowledge your mistakes and show how you are improving (secured card). Also, mention you are willing to take a small CL right now just to show them how responsible you are.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.