cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just approved -- Citi Thank you Preferred Card!

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Just approved -- Citi Thank you Preferred Card!

I cannot be more excited, and what a long road it has been.  I filed for bankruptcy 10 years ago this April and a few latest over 3 years ago and what  ways.. I received my very first big girl I call it invitation in the mail from Citi yesterday for the Citi Thank you Preferred offering 0% on purchases and transfer for 18 months!  I honestly had to take a look at the name on the invitation twice!  So it also came with a 10,000 Bonus Thank you points if I spend $500 in the first 3 months, so I said what do I have to loose and applied.  It right away said it needed further processing, so I decided to call this morning for status and spoke to a very nice young lady.  She said I need a few minutes, I was almost sure she would came back and say DENIED!!! After a few long minutes came back and did say Mrs...F I just want to thank you for holding and we have approved your application for $1,500 (not much to many but for me I will take it)!  I am excited to be approved for the card indicated as the letter did say if I did not qualify for this card they would consider me for their standard Thank you Card.

I will lay low for a while now, I do have an Amex TU card (wont move from the 1200 limit), Zync, a few GE cards that have grown with me and a Barclays Itunes that is now at $4k limit.  I think what has helped now is that I did finance my first car in November from Ford where I was approved for the 0%, as well as my BK just on one of my 3 reports. 

I am looking forward to this card growing with me, the gal on the phone did say that they consider CL every 90-240 days?? I will use it as my primary card it will be easy for me to spend $500 in three months to get my 10,000 points!

I have not pulled any new my fico reports, but the scores below are pretty old.  In looking at my scores on Amex website my Experian showed 663  a few weeks ago.

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just approved -- Citi Thank you Preferred Card!

Congrats on your new card. Enjoy it!

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card!

Message 3 of 10
dharalex
Established Contributor

Good for you...now in the garden you go!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 4 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Excellent! Congrats!

See you in the garden...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 10
nomoore
Contributor

Congrats on being Preferred and Thanked by Citi! 

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 6 of 10
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

Congrats on rebuilding. Well deserved.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 7 of 10
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thanks every one again it does feel good Smiley Happy!  Does any one have any input to share on CL with this card?

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are great with CLI's. Citi now has just went to only doing them every 6 months though.

I have the regular ThankYou card that converted from a different card, and the limit has gone from 3,200 to 5,650 to 9,650..

They won't decrease my 20.99 interest though.

Message 9 of 10
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Congrats. It's always a gratifying feeling to be approved when your scores on the bubble for the better cards. But that angst is awful, isn't it? Smiley Wink

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.