cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just approved Zync, want Delta when can I app?

tag
sandsanta
Contributor

Re: Just approved Zync, I want Gold Delta when can I apply?

Do you actually need the card?  If not you should wait. 

Message 11 of 39
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

I have been buying tickets more frequently than I had previously thought so I keep wishing I had a card.plus, I dont have a credit card with real rewards. Just a mileage plus debit card from chase that is being discontinued I think.
Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 12 of 39
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Just approved Zync, want Delta when can I app?

@doublespaces wrote:

Was declined Zync due to experian score being supposedly too low. 667 when my classic exp fico is around 730. I reconned, sent in my 757 TU fico from myfico.com and they approved. I want the gold delta card. would I be pushing my luck if I just got approved today? Original app was December 1st.

Does this mean your EX FICO went from 667 to 730, or are you talking about a FAKO vs FICO? Just curious how you got your FICO to improve so much in a short enought period of time for you to recon.

From what I've read here, if you have an Amex acct and app for another CC and you are approved, then it is a HP. But... if you are NOT approved, it is only a SP. Since you already have an acct., they do a SP, and then convert it to HP if/when you are approved. So, it wouldn't hurt you to app, as you would only have the inq if you're approved.

That said, if you were barely approved for the Zync, which is supposed to be one of the easier Amex to get, then your chances of being approved for the other card is probably slim. You may want to wait 6 mos. and build the history w/them before apping for a new CC.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 39
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just approved Zync, want Delta when can I app?

@bichonmom wrote:

@doublespaces wrote:

Was declined Zync due to experian score being supposedly too low. 667 when my classic exp fico is around 730. I reconned, sent in my 757 TU fico from myfico.com and they approved. I want the gold delta card. would I be pushing my luck if I just got approved today? Original app was December 1st.

Does this mean your EX FICO went from 667 to 730, or are you talking about a FAKO vs FICO? Just curious how you got your FICO to improve so much in a short enought period of time for you to recon.

From what I've read here, if you have an Amex acct and app for another CC and you are approved, then it is a HP. But... if you are NOT approved, it is only a SP. Since you already have an acct., they do a SP, and then convert it to HP if/when you are approved. So, it wouldn't hurt you to app, as you would only have the inq if you're approved.

That said, if you were barely approved for the Zync, which is supposed to be one of the easier Amex to get, then your chances of being approved for the other card is probably slim. You may want to wait 6 mos. and build the history w/them before apping for a new CC.

Im saying my exp clasic fico is around 730 ish. But amex had 667 from whatever scoring enhanced score they used to derive my fico. Its not a standard fico in my case.
=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 14 of 39
john398
Senior Contributor

@doublespaces wrote:
I have been buying tickets more frequently than I had previously thought so I keep wishing I had a card.plus, I dont have a credit card with real rewards. Just a mileage plus debit card from chase that is being discontinued I think.

Yep all debit rewards cards from chase have been disc, why not try a PC from Zync to Gold Delta?

Message 15 of 39
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Because I cant PC from zybc to any other card since its a starter card .ot on tbe same level as the others supposedly and even jf it was a green or higher I cant PC to credit from.charge.
=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 16 of 39
john398
Senior Contributor

@doublespaces wrote:
Because I cant PC from zybc to any other card since its a starter card .ot on tbe same level as the others supposedly and even jf it was a green or higher I cant PC to credit from.charge.

gotcha

Message 17 of 39
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Just called to apply. Couldn't approve over the phone told to check the site. Site said to call and verify billing address as I used my new house address which isn't on file or credit reports. Called in lady said, "Thanks I see you've been with us for quite some time now..." LOL, one day?

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 18 of 39
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Card was approved! LOL no recon. 1000 CL.

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 19 of 39
john398
Senior Contributor

@doublespaces wrote:

Card was approved! LOL no recon. 1000 CL.

Congrats

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.