cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just approved for GEMB Banana Republic Card!

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Just approved for GEMB Banana Republic Card!

Hi Folks,

Just got approved for a Banana Republic store card from GEMB for a line of $2,000. Woohoo.  I shop at BR so much and figured why not earn rewards here since they are so easy to get.  So I pulled the trigger and voila...The guy was surprised since he's never seen a limit for BR that high before. Most people get $700-1,000. Wahoo! Smiley Happy

-M

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dchrist475
New Contributor

Re: Just approved for GEMB Banana Republic Card!

Can u share a little more info?

Like your scores, what they pull, etc.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 2 of 9
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

Not sure what my EX score is, but my TU is 731 and my EQ is 755.  I don't know what they pulled yet.  I haven't received an alert for anything.  Plus I just bought an EQ report today so I do not want to buy another one at this point. I'm sure I'll get a TU or EQ alert.  I'm 99% sure GEMB pulls at least EQ because when I had an American Eagle credit card by them they always did account reviews on it.  It didn't seem to ever show up on TU.  I think they are a EQ/EX shop...

Anyone else?

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 3 approvals this year with GEMB and all 3 pulls were TU, I live in New York.

American Eagle 800 CL/ Old Navy Visa 2200/ WalMart 900

American Eagle and WalMArt opened in January 2010 and Old Navy in June.

American Eagle started with 200 CL and in June CLI to 800 / WalMart started with 400, CLI in June to 800 and just a couple of weeeks ago to 900.

Message 4 of 9
mross1080
Established Contributor

GEMB always pulls TU for me and the wife here in PA.

Message 5 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

congrats!

FYI, in west texas, they pull EQ.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArisGreek wrote:

Hi Folks,

Just got approved for a Banana Republic store card from GEMB for a line of $2,000. Woohoo.  I shop at BR so much and figured why not earn rewards here since they are so easy to get.  So I pulled the trigger and voila...The guy was surprised since he's never seen a limit for BR that high before. Most people get $700-1,000. Wahoo! Smiley Happy

-M

Congratulations!! 

Message 7 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  was it the visa?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 9
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

No just the store card. That's all I wanted anyway Smiley Wink

===========
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.