cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just approved for Paypal Smart Connect have some questions

tag
alexdaman

Re: Just approved for Paypal Smart Connect have some questions

can i use my paypal smart connect to pay for a netflix subscription?

Message 11 of 14
scrubs
Regular Contributor

to get a paypay debt card it will be another hard hit on your cr

Message 12 of 14
ficofox
Regular Contributor

@alexdaman wrote:

can i use my paypal smart connect to pay for a netflix subscription?

Paypal is a Netflix payment option. Go into your Account in Netflix and change your Payment option to Paypal. Thanks for that idea. I think that's what I'll do to keep this Paypal card from closing from inactivity.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 14
RyVision
Valued Contributor

For anyone thinking about hitting the "luv to tease you button" on PayPal Smart Connect..

I've had PayPal LOC and then it became Smart Connect for about 16-17 months.  I started with a 300 CL, hit the button some time ago (I know it was over 5 months ago), was a "no" then, hit it again today (thought I'd see if something had changed) it was a "no" again. The only things I can guess that are causing the "no" is:

1. A disputed old CA of 117 that's due to drop off (at one time it was due to drop early this year, then again late this year, now possibly 2012, from AFNI, they won't validate either btw).

2. High utilization (I have no lates).  I have 5 or 6 inq's showing (3 for 6 months), they have never been stated as a reason for a denial with a HP.

I have another GEMB account, Walmart (raised it from 300 to 800 without me asking over the course of 26 months). I received a pre-approved offer from JCpenny in the mail, being it's backed by GEMB I thought I'd try the Luv with PayPal, no go. Not sure if I tried the offer from JCpenny if they'd approve or not at this point. I may try it as I've had little luck anyway and at most my inq's may got to 13 (total 2 year). My FAKO scores are all over the place ranging from 624 to 738. Considering the issue with AFNI I feel it's a waste of money to check my actual FICO again (last being 624)  as until I get them to validate (they replied, wanted me to call, couldn't find my account in their records, with the partial number and other info they themselves put in my report) or get it removed (CRA's don't seem to mind re-aging or lack of validation, only that they got a response from the CA, CA has not reported it since 4 of 2010 however).

ONE negative (even though all the CRA reports state it's not figured into scoring, yet it's reported) probably has an impact (on being denied and CLIs). That seems a like a bit of a surprise when I know others get CLIs and approvals with fairly recent Bks, CO's, lates etc.  My PR is clean also.

Utilization combined with the AFNI issue is probably the real problem (combined I'm sure they are seen by the Luv button as very negative), I kept utilization high in hopes of preventing CLD (I've heard nightmares about paying down too fast to lower a balance as well as PIF when your report is the least bit out of line). YMMV as they say.

I'm guessing if you have any issues and a sub 650 score, you may not feel any Luv when clicking those buttons. If you have a minor issue and your score is 750, I'm guessing you'll have a better chance. Best chance at "Luv" IMHO would be score at 750 (fico) and a perfectly clean report, even if less than 3 years history.

Just hoping to provide some info here as MyFico boards have done for me.  The info has also reminded me why I've always prefered using cash, it's almost never declined LOL, wallets, pockets, safes etc don't charge fees to hold it and it's easy to control. It's just a worry to carry and you can't use it online.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.