cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just approved for a CrapOne Rewards card.

tag
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Just approved for a CrapOne Rewards card.

I don't know why they bothered...they only gave me a $300 limit LMAO...oh well.  It is a start, and it isnt a decline. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Just approved for a CrapOne Rewards card.

@lpayton wrote:

I don't know why they bothered...they only gave me a $300 limit LMAO...oh well.  It is a start, and it isnt a decline. 

Is that your only credit card?

It seems that you're in the rebuilding mode so be thankful that you were not declined and have to get a secured card. Got to start somewhere ya know.

Message 2 of 4
lpayton
Regular Contributor

I have 2 others, brand new.  One secured also through Capitol One ($200 limit), and one unsecured with Orchard ($300 limit).  The Orchard Visa just started reporting,  Now that I was approved for the unsecured Capitol One (No Hassle Rewards), I may close (if it wont hurt my score) or  just cut up the secured Capitol One.

Would it hurt my score to close the Secured Capitol One card with it being so new (less than 2 months old)? Would it be more beneficial to just put it away and not use it?

Message 3 of 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Gotta start somewhere. Cap 1 may not be considered prime but a lot of people do get a second chance at good credit with them.

@lpayton wrote:

I have 2 others, brand new.  One secured also through Capitol One ($200 limit), and one unsecured with Orchard ($300 limit).  The Orchard Visa just started reporting,  Now that I was approved for the unsecured Capitol One (No Hassle Rewards), I may close (if it wont hurt my score) or  just cut up the secured Capitol One.

Would it hurt my score to close the Secured Capitol One card with it being so new (less than 2 months old)? Would it be more beneficial to just put it away and not use it?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.