Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just chopped my oldest card!

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Just chopped my oldest card!

I was trying to avoid this but tbh ever since I got approved for a Ritz & Marriott I didn't really need amazon.. so farewell.. I tried to transfer the whole 1k line, but the women said the system would only let her transfer $500 so I said what the hell do it, then had her transfer 1k from my 8k (now 7k) marriott, im considering once I meet the spending bonuses im thinking of asking them to transfer another 5k from marriott and make ritz 20k (I love pretty lines) lol.. my only question now is, is this going to look bad? because it will report with a $500 as closed, will it look like they took AA? should I be worried at all? maybe im over thinking as usual lmao..

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 11.07.16 PM copy.png

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Just chopped my oldest card!

No it will not look bad

Message 2 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Good for you!  If that card wasn't earning it place in your wallet, it needed to go... and we all know there are better cards to use for Amazon purchases, anyway... Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I personally waited for 30+ days from last usage on Amazon, then told them I wanted the whole 2k transferred. I did not know yet that Freedom had been upgraded to Signature. Underwriting granted the request.

When splitting lines on barclays, they also transfer to underwriting. With both banks, have had no problems (but barclays does not require 30+ days of no use).

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.