Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just closed Gander Mountain Card.

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Just closed Gander Mountain Card.

I just got off the phone with RoboLady and closed my Gander Mountain Card. I figured I didn't need it, as I have only used it once in a years time...and that was just because they gave me a $20 reward at one year. I decided also that since this card is only good in store, that I didn't want it....I purchase online from most places because of my busy work schedule, so this card didn't work fro me. I also got approved for a Pottery Barn card and a West Elm card and figured I should get rid of some of the Comenity cards I don't use...especially the way they have been shutting down peoples accounts.  Next on the chopping list will be Linen Source and Haband.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just closed Gander Mountain Card.

Good for you Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Good Job !

I like Gander Mountain and they just opened one near me, but since Comenity backs their card, I'll never get one.

The only good Comenity card is a closed one !

Message 3 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Easy come, easy go. Seems the way it works with those store cards.

You have to break off where it suits the profile best though.

Message 4 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

The deciding factor for me was not being able to use the card online......you had to go to the store.

Message 5 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

The deciding factor for me was not being able to use the card online......you had to go to the store.

Online IS the wave of this era and kinda surprises me in a way when some are not up to speed with it yet.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.