Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just closed my Cap1 Secured card when can I app for QS1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just closed my Cap1 Secured card when can I app for QS1

I just closed my secured card today, how long do I have to wait before I can get the QS1, I closed the secured because it wouldnt let me get the QS1 with 2 cap1 credit cards and my credit is still in rebuilding bad credit stage.

Now I only have Sony Visa card with cap 1 so I hope to get the QS1

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Re: Just closed my Cap1 Secured card when can I app for QS1

You should be able to try today. Pretty sure I received my QS1 when I had scores like yours. Results may vary though as my credit profile at the time might have been different from yours now.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can app the same day I closed the card?

The card had 800cl and 0 bal with $500 deposit

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just closed my secured card today, how long do I have to wait before I can get the QS1, I closed the secured because it wouldnt let me get the QS1 with 2 cap1 credit cards and my credit is still in rebuilding bad credit stage.

Now I only have Sony Visa card with cap 1 so I hope to get the QS1

What message did you get when you tried applying?  I asked because you said " It wouldn't let me get the QS1"..

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the Platinum and the Secured.  Closed the Secured, then needed to wait 30days - a statement cycle - before I could get approved for another card.  Got the Playstation.  Aw yeah buddy, Sony Rewards FTW.

Message 5 of 11
MrOverSt
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the Platinum and the Secured.  Closed the Secured, then needed to wait 30days - a statement cycle - before I could get approved for another card.  Got the Playstation.  Aw yeah buddy, Sony Rewards FTW.

Can you clarify with some dates please. 

Starting Scores 10/1/15 EQ 563 TU 551 EX 578
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrOverSt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you clarify with some dates please. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Having-3-lines-of-revolving-is-gt-2-Guidance-question/m-p/4174413#M436252

Well, that's when I closed my Secured Card, then tried to immediately app for the QS1. Denied.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Playstation-Visa/m-p/4220937#M319678

When I applied again, this time cold app'd for Playstation Card and instant approval.  Early September.

EDIT:  Looks like approx 30 days. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Previously I would get denied for QS1 because I had too many cap1 cards on the reason.

And I figured i would have to at least wait 30 days if not a few months. I think waiting 30 days avoids the extra hp that I don't need. I might just wait until march I'm not sure yet.

thats why I asked though to see if there was a minimum amount of time before I can app

Message 8 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Be aware that when you can app and if you qualify are two entirely different things.  I wouldn't expect low scores and high inquiries to be favorable for you.  Definitely work on addressing the issues with your credit.  Apply when your reports update to reflect the improvments.

Message 9 of 11
ryox03
Regular Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Be aware that when you can app and if you qualify are two entirely different things.  I wouldn't expect low scores and high inquiries to be favorable for you.  Definitely work on addressing the issues with your credit.  Apply when your reports update to reflect the improvments.

Waiting definitely does not hurt. Even if it's just adding more positive history with nothing else changing.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.