Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just closed my Credit One CC!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just closed my Credit One CC!

I opened this acct almost 4 years ago after having the worst time ever (personel, professional, etc). It was 300 when I opened it and I paid for credit to get it to 1550. Womp womp!Smiley Mad

BUT NO MORE!!  Thank the heavens that things have turned around for me. I graduated from school (twice) and finally got back on track with everything else. 

I don't know about anyone else, but it sure felt good closing this card and having more than enough credit to never miss it! It worked for me when it needed to and for that I am thankful...

but 

Hasta la vista baby! I'm going to have a glass of wine now. It is 2:53 pm, but this is reason to celebrate! Financial freedom sure feels and tastes sweeter doesn't it?!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Just closed my Credit One CC!

Congratulations!! Goodbye and good riddance! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I can't seem to get mine closed! The last two times I have phoned in they have paid me to keep it! "Keep the card open, dinner is on us" Lol. $35 credit.

I dont think mine is hurting me. I am just going to wait until march, month before the $49 AF hits.  I would 100% keep the card if it retained the 1% categories, 19% apr, eliminated the AF, and changed how they compound interest.

I have 3 cards potentially on the block. Credit one, Commerce Bank (they encourage bad behavior, they give points for interest!), and Capital one.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

h
@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I can't seem to get mine closed! The last two times I have phoned in they have paid me to keep it! "Keep the card open, dinner is on us" Lol. $35 credit.

I dont think mine is hurting me. I am just going to wait until march, month before the $49 AF hits.  I would 100% keep the card if it retained the 1% categories, 19% apr, eliminated the AF, and changed how they compound interest.

I have 3 cards potentially on the block. Credit one, Commerce Bank (they encourage bad behavior, they give points for interest!), and Capital one.

Why is this so funny?! Smiley Very Happy
Trust that the CSR tried to wear me down with "reporting to the credit bureau (uh, you should be doing that anyway) to losing my credit, etc! The balance has been zero for months now, but I had to call in and ask why I had a finance charge on a zero balance. They proceeded to charge me monthly instead of yearly for the AF.  They removed it and waived the fee for 6 months, but I was done.  Thankful to be able to close it....

Message 4 of 17
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats and good riddance. As a former alum of this garbage card I know the feeling of canceling and it's good!!! While they aren't the worst card they aren't anything anyone should keep very long. Gotta love a card that makes you feel like they are doing you a favor by charging you for the privilege of granting you a paltry CLI, no thanks. 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!
Message 6 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 17

I hope you destroyed it in the most epic way possible. Congrats!

@jfriend33:
The sub prime lenders could possibly hurt you on a manual review, depending on what kind of credit you are seeking in the future, but you may as well take the free dinner while they're offering!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pheonix, I think CreditOne charges the annual fee in monthly increments, so there is no point in waiting. There is also the lack of a grace period, so you pay interest on anything charged. Exorcize that sucker now.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you..  It has done its job!!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.