Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just closed two Cap 1 cards

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Just closed two Cap 1 cards

I've had these Capitalone Cards since 2007/2008 and they haven't grown at all since then.  One increase in 7 years, limits of $750 each,  I've tried the EO and nothing from them.  In total I had 5 Capitalone cards, the Venture with no fee, a playstaion rewards, two quicksilver cards, and another quicksilver that was a hsbc account.  I've wanted to try for another Quicksilver or Venture card, but I kept getting declined for having too many accounts with Capitalone, so now that I've closed these two, maybe I'll get another card with a higher limit.  My current venture is $3500, and my scores have improved since getting that card.

I'm going to wait 30/60 days before applying though.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just closed two Cap 1 cards

The maximum CAP 1 cards you can have is 5.  So closing a few will certainly help your quest in applying for a new one.  If I were in your shoes, I'd wait 90 -180 days before applying for another card.

If you already have 5, closed 2 then give it some time beofre applying after getting denied so many times..

Message 2 of 3
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Re: Just closed two Cap 1 cards

I closed a Prestige(?) MC with a $3k CL early Feb, got another QS Sig middle of April, roughly 75 days, $5K CL. I just closed a QS1 $3.5K CL last week. Now have 4 cards, total CL $40.5K.

Awaiting a decent CLI offer on my Venture, I've been withdrawing the $2K offer. 75 days after opening or closing seems to be the "magic number"

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.