Valued Contributor
wmarat

Just could not stop.

In addition to my recent app. spree (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=169294&view=by_date_ascending&page=1) added 4 more accounts.

Being happy camper with PenFed and having read a lot of positive things about NFCU and USAA (not eligible) decided research other military FCU, assuming that they are good and found Andrews FCU. As usually, friendly CSR, a lot of paperwork, approved for $20000 CC at 10.95%. Applied for LOC asking for $5000, offered $1000, refused, application denied.

I always dealt with CU's via phone or e-mail and never been in branch. Took my kid to karate class, hand him over to sensei and went outside to smoke and what I see? Right, branch of local CU. 30 min later I have new $15000 CC at 7.9% and $5000 LOC at 9.99%

Ameriprise World Elite MC was on my list, mostly because of free priority pass. Even with  $150 AF  it is still worth for me to have this card. Approved for $25000 CL at 4.25% APR

I think that I am done for very long time.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Established Contributor

Re: Just could not stop.

Congratulations wmarat!

Very nice credit lines. The Ameriprise is superb especially with the APR of 4.25% and the fact you can take advantage of the priority pass perk. I travel frequently and agree with you that this type of perk at an airport is valuable. It is most difficult to put a dollar value on the priority pass but I would say you will be well served with this card. 

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Very nice job, wmarat!

Congrats!

New Contributor
Safe4Me2

One day...
Established Contributor
l9ikjam

I signed up with 6 CU's in the past year and plan on eventually APPing for they're CC's when all of my INQ's fall off and I close a few cards that I don't use. Now I read post like this and it's kind of difficult to hold back now. I still got another year b4 I will attemp but CONGRATS!
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

wmarat wrote:

In addition to my recent app. spree (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=169294&view=by_date_ascending&page=1) added 4 more accounts.

Being happy camper with PenFed and having read a lot of positive things about NFCU and USAA (not eligible) decided research other military FCU, assuming that they are good and found Andrews FCU. As usually, friendly CSR, a lot of paperwork, approved for $20000 CC at 10.95%. Applied for LOC asking for $5000, offered $1000, refused, application denied.

I always dealt with CU's via phone or e-mail and never been in branch. Took my kid to karate class, hand him over to sensei and went outside to smoke and what I see? Right, branch of local CU. 30 min later I have new $15000 CC at 7.9% and $5000 LOC at 9.99%

Ameriprise World Elite MC was on my list, mostly because of free priority pass. Even with  $150 AF  it is still worth for me to have this card. Approved for $25000 CL at 4.25% APR

Just wondering.......hmmmm!

Which occurs 1st --Your kid achieving a black belt, or you reaching the million dollar club in CLs.

Congrats

I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW
Established Contributor
pattycake

illtakecreditforthat wrote:

wmarat wrote:

Which occurs 1st --Your kid achieving a black belt, or you reaching the million dollar club in CLs.

Congrats

Awesome, wmarat.  Let's call it the "wmarat center" for appaholics! :smileywink:

You're Russian?  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Actually I think it is the "txjohn/wmarat Center for Appaholics"!

:smileywink:

Senior Contributor
txjohn

wmarat wrote:

Nice CL's indeed.  Can you let everyone know which CRA's were pulled for the various accounts?

:smileyhappy:

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Valued Contributor
wmarat

Kid is not agressive enough.

illtakecreditforthat wrote:

wmarat wrote:

Congrats

IN VINO VERITAS.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+