cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just curious. How much will a $10,000 TL increase CS?

tag
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Just curious. How much will a $10,000 TL increase CS?

Just curious, I'm still in the garden but there is one card out there that I think will get me a $10,000 TL.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Just curious. How much will a $10,000 TL increase CS?

Yes off course maybe more 

http://www.americanexpress.com/lacidc/iccsite/american_express_centurion_card_benefits.shtml

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 16
Jutz
Valued Contributor

How much will it increase your Score are you asking?

It all depends on your UTIL.  If you're already lower than 9% it will probably drop your score, due to HP and new account hitting AAoA

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 16
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

My question is, If approved, how much would my scrore increase?

Message 4 of 16
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

My utilization is higher than 9% (more like 30%) So I'm only assuming that it will drop my utilization a ton since I only have about 20k out there.

Message 5 of 16
swpopham
Established Contributor

You never know but it will prob drop 10-15pts initially
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 6 of 16
Jutz
Valued Contributor

A 10k CL will put you around 20% UTIL then.  That will definitely help, but I'd think it would be more of a wash because of the inquiry and new account.  Over time obviously it will help, but right away not much.  If you can pay your UTIL down below 10% AND you add the 10k?  That might be a bump

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 7 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jutz wrote:

How much will it increase your Score are you asking?

It all depends on your UTIL.  If you're already lower than 9% it will probably drop your score, due to HP and new account hitting AAoA

If the question is associated with your FICO score, no one has an exact answer that can be provided on this forum.  Merely speculative guesses can be assessed.  The only sure method to know is whenever you apply.  And, as noted by Jutz above, it all depends on your overall credit profile during the time of acquiring such a tradeline.  Unfortunately, no crystal ball exists that can predict with exact science the specific drop or increase on your score, even with most consumer score-modeling tools around.

Message 8 of 16
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

ok fair enough. Thanks

Message 9 of 16
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Yes off course maybe more 

http://www.americanexpress.com/lacidc/iccsite/american_express_centurion_card_benefits.shtml

Amex's Cent won't help EQ FICO. Nor will any other Charge cards. Ya need a revolver.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.