Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just denied B of A platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just denied B of A platinum

My Ex FICO is 636 so I expected it...but they didn't have to send the laugh track and the rim shot with the denial email!!! Anyway, I'm hoping to get a counteroffer for the 99/500 card soon. I currently don't have an account with B of A so I plan on sending in a check if they approve the secured card. Hope I'm doing this rebuilding process right. I already got the CJ card.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Re: Just denied B of A platinum

Let me know what happens!  I was on the BOA cc site, just browsing of course, I know I won't qualify with a BK and these scores.  I was looking for the 99/500 card.  I saw a secured card on there, but it didn't mention only having to deposit $99.  Guess it's only offered if you apply for some other card and get declined???  Anyway, I'm curious.  Good luck to you! Smiley Happy
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 2 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Recon it don't cost you anything. They might give you something. Beg. I did.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is only offered when you apply and get declined. I thought I read on here that they won't offer that card to anyone with a BK on their reports. Not positive about that though, I'll try to do a search and post back if I find anything.

SherriLynn wrote:
Let me know what happens!  I was on the BOA cc site, just browsing of course, I know I won't qualify with a BK and these scores.  I was looking for the 99/500 card.  I saw a secured card on there, but it didn't mention only having to deposit $99.  Guess it's only offered if you apply for some other card and get declined???  Anyway, I'm curious.  Good luck to you! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here it is. It was the first one when I did a search. Looks like no dice on the 99/500, but you could get the fully secured card.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take for you to get the denial?  I applied last thursday and when i call to check status it says it is still being processed.  I got carried away because i was instantly approved for macy's and victoria secret.  I dont think i was ready for the big boys yet.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I don't have a BK but I do have a B of A CC that was "legally settled for less" as of 7/08. I also have a few 30 and 60 day lates over the last year but I figured I'd try for it anyways. Heck, I'd even take the fully secured card if I could eventually graduate it to secured. If it doesn't help me at least if will give some guidelines to some others here. I'll keep you all posted. Btw I also applied for a visa with the CU I just joined so I must be a glutton for punishment!!!
Message 7 of 17
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Thanks UpUpUp... looks like with a BK I'd have to go with the fully secured. 
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 8 of 17
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@SherriLynn wrote:
Thanks UpUpUp... looks like with a BK I'd have to go with the fully secured. 

I was declined for a secured card shortly after BK.
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! great news!!!  I just got approved for the Visa from the CU I just joined last week.  It's only a $1500 limit but I'm heading down to sign for it in 1 hour.  The only documentation they wanted was a copy of my business license.  I think I'll do cartwheels all the way there!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.