Established Contributor

Re: Just denied B of A platinum

Great job, congrats!
Message 11 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats, gotta love CU's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 17
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!  Smiley Happy
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 14 of 17
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

I think BofA looks at Fico scores above 661 (which is considered good credit).  If you have filed BK, I believe the BK has to be at least a year old and you can't have any other negatives.
Message 15 of 17
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@emanuelr1b wrote:
I think BofA looks at Fico scores above 661 (which is considered good credit).  If you have filed BK, I believe the BK has to be at least a year old and you can't have any other negatives.

Has anyone on here been approved for BoA with a BK on the report they pulled? I've read a lot of experiences that are the opposite. I believe they're quite BK unfriendly, and will turn you down flat with one on your report...regardless of how old it is, and that includes their secured cards.

I'd love to hear from someone who had a different experience? Might give quite a few people some hope of getting in.

Edit: Oops, my bad: Seems you can get the fully secured card with a BK on your report, according to earlier posts in this thread (a link is in there reporting it on this board).

Message Edited by TangMeister on 08-31-2008 11:41 PM
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a ch13 dismissed in 2001 (please no lectures) I had no other baddies and I applied for a secured BoA, declined instantly, sent a me a letter stating I was declined b/c I had a BK on my CR.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.