Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just denied for Chase Freedom

tag
jwheel113
Valued Member

Re: Just denied for Chase Freedom

Kohl's Chase (it was closed about 2 years ago due to inactivity)

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwheel113 wrote:
"I think I learned a valuable lesson but I'm not quite sure what it was yet."

Chase only wants customers who have achieved great credit success --- somewhere else.  They don't believe in giving anyone their first chance.

Message 22 of 25
jwheel113
Valued Member

It sure seems that way.  FWIW, each analyst I spoke with was consistent in saying they would have been willing to overlook the negatives if I had opened another CC account since that time.  Since, I'd only opened one new CC account since the foreclosure they didn't see that I'd done enough to reestablish credit since.  Of course, that's only speculation I guess.  Your point is well taken though since essentially, Chase seems to be saying "go get that second card somewhere else and then apply with us again later."

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwheel113 wrote:

It sure seems that way.  FWIW, each analyst I spoke with was consistent in saying they would have been willing to overlook the negatives if I had opened another CC account since that time.  Since, I'd only opened one new CC account since the foreclosure they didn't see that I'd done enough to reestablish credit since.  Of course, that's only speculation I guess.  Your point is well taken though since essentially, Chase seems to be saying "go get that second card somewhere else and then apply with us again later."

Ahh, its refreshing to see that the human element of credit reporting is still alive and well. I would hate it if everything was based on score alone Smiley Mad.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just bad luck man. Maybe next time

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.