Established Member
jwheel113

Re: Just denied for Chase Freedom

Kohl's Chase (it was closed about 2 years ago due to inactivity)

Valued Contributor
discernment

jwheel113 wrote:
"I think I learned a valuable lesson but I'm not quite sure what it was yet."

Chase only wants customers who have achieved great credit success --- somewhere else.  They don't believe in giving anyone their first chance.

Husband's Current Score: EX 691 CUSC; EQ 694; TU 687; Mine: EX 773 (AMEX); EQ 720; TU 750
Wallet Contents: SECURED: Capital One Platinum Mastercard, US Bank Harley Davidson Visa, USAA Bank American Express;
UNSECURED: Chase Freedom; USAA Cash Rewards World Mastercard, Discover More, CUSC Platinum Rewards Visa, American Express Zinc, American Express Blue Cash Preferred, Amazon Card, Walmart Discover Card
Established Member
jwheel113

It sure seems that way.  FWIW, each analyst I spoke with was consistent in saying they would have been willing to overlook the negatives if I had opened another CC account since that time.  Since, I'd only opened one new CC account since the foreclosure they didn't see that I'd done enough to reestablish credit since.  Of course, that's only speculation I guess.  Your point is well taken though since essentially, Chase seems to be saying "go get that second card somewhere else and then apply with us again later."

Frequent Contributor
GBPac12

jwheel113 wrote:

It sure seems that way.  FWIW, each analyst I spoke with was consistent in saying they would have been willing to overlook the negatives if I had opened another CC account since that time.  Since, I'd only opened one new CC account since the foreclosure they didn't see that I'd done enough to reestablish credit since.  Of course, that's only speculation I guess.  Your point is well taken though since essentially, Chase seems to be saying "go get that second card somewhere else and then apply with us again later."

Ahh, its refreshing to see that the human element of credit reporting is still alive and well. I would hate it if everything was based on score alone :smileymad:.

Starting Score: EQ: 600, EX: 580, TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 710 on 01/22/12, TU: 763 on 02/02/12, EX: 753 on 1/28/13
Goal Score: EQ: 775, TU: 775, EX: 775

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
shaddix

Just bad luck man. Maybe next time

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}