Did you mean: 

Just denied for a Capital One Venture card with TU699 and EQ682

tag
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Just denied for a Capital One Venture card with TU699 and EQ682

@ztnjpv wrote:

Thanks for the comment. 

I know what you're saying but that fact remains that MyFico says my two Fico scores are "Good" at 699 and 682. So when I say how my credit is, should I say good or average (fair)?

Based on my denial, I'm inclined to stick with average. 

"Good", "Average", and "Fair" are really just general catagories with different definitions. The median EQ FICO as pulled here is right around 722, meaning half are above that and half below. The Average score would be below that because you can only go about 100 points above that but you can easily go 200+ below that. The people with a 500, or even below, are bringing the average down but they aren't going to get any kind of acceptable credit offers.

My opinion would be that your EQ FICO of 682 is at the very bottom of "Good". That is just my definition and there could be lots of others. My guess is that is way too low to qualify for a Venture card. FWIW, I have two CapOne cards including one roughly equivalent to the Venture. I find much better rewards cards from Chase and BofA.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They want excellent credit for that card. My grandmother applied and was denied with 763 FICO, 7y 8m AAoA, 4 inq, no baddies. Their reason was she didnt have a card with a limit over 10K. I always thought 5K or higher was what they wanted but she didnt bother with a recon.

Message 12 of 19
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They want excellent credit for that card. My grandmother applied and was denied with 763 FICO, 7y 8m AAoA, 4 inq, no baddies. Their reason was she didnt have a card with a limit over 10K. I always thought 5K or higher was what they wanted but she didnt bother with a recon.

WOW. You would think that would be a shoo-in. Seriously, you deny a record like that? I don't have a card over 10k either and my FICO is also 763. Seems kind of crazy to me.

I've talked with Cap One numerous times, they've never denied me a card, but I've never gotten a CLI from them either.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 13 of 19
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Venture is a tough card to get, even with FICO scores above 720. Check out whogavemecredit.com

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 14 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow............

I'd be quite irritated with those stats and getting denied!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 19
learnin113
Established Contributor

2 Words.  Crap One!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

+1

Prime and Crap One should be illegal to use in the same sentence!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow............

I'd be quite irritated with those stats and getting denied!

+1 

I would be irritated as well if I applied for their Venture card and be denied when I have 10 years of great history with them and excellent credit but no worries I'm not going to bother with Venture when I have enough cards of their for now. 

Message 18 of 19
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

+1

Prime and Crap One should be illegal to use in the same sentence!

CLI and Crap One as well.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.