cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just emailed the C1 Exec Office

tag
nikarl

Re: Just emailed the C1 Exec Office

Just curious what y'all are sending in the email. Are you gem ailing them your account numbers or just name, address, phone, etc? 

Starting Score: EQ: 592 TU: 583 EX: 590
Current Score: EQ: 592 TU: 583 EX: 590
Goal Score: 700's Across the Board!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 59
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I just emailed them explaining that I had been a customer for a number of years, had tried a number of times for a CLI through customer service, and felt I was a good candidate for a CLI. I then stated that I would like to have a representative take a more personal look at my credit/financial situation. I then left a contact number. Easy as pie. Just present your case to them through the email, and wait for a call.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 52 of 59
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I gave my number, address and phone numbers.  They should be able to pull your accounts with that information easy enough.

And I  gave details/reasons about my account.  How it's been stuck at  $500 for over 2 yrs with perfect payment history.

I also referred to my HSBC account which is now Cap One and how it has perfect payment history since '08.

I let them know that I really want to continue using their 'great' product but with such a low limit, it makes it difficult because my purchasing power is very limited.

I asked for $10K.  They asked if I would accept less, of course I said yes.  And they put me at $5K.

Message 53 of 59
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Final Update on my Exec Office Correspondence:

After increasing my limit from 1500 to 5000, the person continued to see if I could get the card product changed to Cash Rewards from Platinum. I was quite surprised to hear from her today that this cannot be done. She instead offered to add a miles or cash back rewards program to my Platinum card. I accepted. First she offered one mile or 1%. I counter offered with a request for the same rewards as the Cash Rewards card. She looked into it and called me back saying that that request was accepted. So I now basically have a Cash Rewards for all intents and purposes even though I technically still have a Platinum Master Card. Weird. 

She said the reason the card can't be changed is because the Cash Rewards (no-fee version) is a Visa and I have a MC. I found that odd because Citi just converted my Diamond Preferred MC to a Hilton Reserve Visa. So, it's either a BS reason or it's Capital One's own strange policy. 

I suppose I could call and ask for a new card with Cash Rewards design. hehehehe. I think someone already did that according to a post in this thread. I'll have to look into that. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 54 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone PM me the correct email information for Cap 1 Execs and a phone number if possible?  I am getting ready to try my hand at a CLI with them along with apps for Amex Blue and Discover.  Having the Cap One info would be mucho helpful to me at this time. Smiley Happy

Please.

thanks

Message 55 of 59
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone PM me the correct email information for Cap 1 Execs and a phone number if possible?  I am getting ready to try my hand at a CLI with them along with apps for Amex Blue and Discover.  Having the Cap One info would be mucho helpful to me at this time. Smiley Happy

Please.

thanks

Just google "capital one ceo email address".

Message 56 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

will do Jake.  thanks Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 59
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

So I know basically have a Cash Rewards for all intents and purposes even though I technically still have a Platinum Master Card. Weird. 

They did the same thing for me. No big deal unless you don't want people thinking you have a Platinum instead of Cash Rewards. Function over form for me...

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 58 of 59
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

_jb_ said:

"They did the same thing for me. No big deal unless you don't want people thinking you have a Platinum instead of Cash Rewards. Function over form for me..."

-----------------------------------------

I just referred back to a thread I was in back in December where members shared their experience of the same process.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/I-put-in-a-PC-request-on-Cap1-Plat-MC/td-p/1756458

Apparently, it's possible to have form and function. Some members here explained how they got Capital One to send them a Green Cash Rewards Card even though their account technically remained a Platinum Master Card. Something to look into if you really want to dump that ugly Platinum card without creating some custom card. I may just do it. We'll see.....

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.