Frequent Contributor

Re: Just finished 1 year with Amex.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

allegedly im not "eligible" because it hasnt been 12 billing statements.... 

What a crock of BS... 

Its been 367 days since I opened the card. Highly irritating. 

Eligible for what?

A product change of any kind. 

I suppose that also means ill be getting the same "limited history with amex" as a denial reason when my pending app gets denied. 

I really wish they used "year" in the literal sense of 365 days instead of 12 billing cycles. 

Ok but why in the world would you want to PC to another charge card?  You will lose any applicable bonuses if you get the card via PC

They claimed that I would still possibly get a bonus if I product changed to plat or PRG. 

They didnt know what yet as they cant see any offers on my account since it hasnt been "12 billing cycles". 

but I did also apply for a new card. 

Besides, I would still get the PRG since it has better benefts in the pipeline. 

Yeah I seriously doubt that you would get any bonus via PC.  Have to be careful what some of these frontline CSRs tell you.

Yeah.. seems I find that out the hard way every single time. 

Same thing happened to me with the BBVA compass card, literally no one could tell me anything. So I just gave up. 

If it randomly arrives inthe mail it will be a nice surprise! haha 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 21 of 23
texasman07
Established Contributor

I would check online instead of phone. I opened up my Green on 04-12-2014 and on the 12th of this month I went online and I had an upgrade offer for platinum and PRG. I took the PRG and now my account has changed online. My statement cuts on the 23rd of each month. I opened my delta Gold on 04-11-2014 and I have options online for upgrade to Reserve and Platinum. My statement cuts today.
Message 22 of 23
texasman07
Established Contributor

I also chatted with the CSR and they stated my card number says the same and it will be mailed this week.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.