Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just finished my first quater with BoA 123 Rewards

tag
jonmyers
New Contributor

Just finished my first quater with BoA 123 Rewards

I got my BoA 123 Rewards World Mastercard in Sept, so this months bill marks the end of my first full quarter (Oct-Dec).  I hit the $1,500 cap on both groceries and gas about the second week of the month.  I fugured I'd be close, especially on gas, but it kinda surprised me to lose my bonus points with so much of the month left.

Oh well, January is just around the corner!

jonmyers

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: Just finished my first quater with BoA 123 Rewards

@jonmyers wrote:

I got my BoA 123 Rewards World Mastercard in Sept, so this months bill marks the end of my first full quarter (Oct-Dec).  I hit the $1,500 cap on both groceries and gas about the second week of the month.  I fugured I'd be close, especially on gas, but it kinda surprised me to lose my bonus points with so much of the month left.

Oh well, January is just around the corner!

jonmyers

I have the BankAmericard 123 Cash Rewards Visa and I love it too.  It's become my main workhorse card.  You must drive a lot to use up the $1500 cap on gas with time left in the quarter.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
jonmyers
New Contributor

I have the BankAmericard 123 Cash Rewards Visa and I love it too.  It's become my main workhorse card.  You must drive a lot to use up the $1500 cap on gas with time left in the quarter.

The wife commutes almost 2 hours round trip daily.  But even then it's only about $400/mo.  At first glance, I ddin't think we tapped out, but I haven't the time to add up the gas purchases for the last three months!

jonmyers

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might need to test if grocery purchase at gas station get coded as "gas purchase".

Message 4 of 6
jonmyers
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You might need to test if grocery purchase at gas station get coded as "gas purchase".

They do.  Gas at the pump, or coffee at the register gets coded as "gas."  However, while I was checking just now, I realized that they stopped giving me the gas bonus the FIRST week of Dec.  I'm going to have to check the math; there's no way we spent 1500 on gas in two months...

Lithium, do you find their math to be ok?

jonmyers

Message 5 of 6
lithium78
Established Contributor

I haven't had any problems with BoA's math on the gas purchases.  I don't purchase anything other than gas from the gas stations, though, so I don't know if your other purchases have capped you out. 

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.