Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just go for the EDP!

tag
dstew201
Regular Contributor

Just go for the EDP!

I hit my 20 purchase quota for the ED bonus, but could easily hit 30 between now and the cut-off, that could have been a 50% bonus not to mention points for gas and the 15k point bonus, think it would outweigh the AF.....   Idiot!   Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just go for the EDP!

Ask to upgrade. Not sure if there's a time they'd make you wait, but I've read people have done it.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must wait 13 months to product change to the EDP. And trust me, I'm right in that boat with you.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They treat an upgrade as a PC? That's surprising.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why I'm going for it first. Didn't want to take that risk.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Must wait 13 months to product change to the EDP. And trust me, I'm right in that boat with you.

This ..^^^^.  There is a wait period to PC.

Message 6 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also I believe the card act doesn't allow this for a year time as well being the biggest barrier.

Message 7 of 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Yes the card act doesn't allow you to PC to a card that charges more.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 8 of 12
red259
Super Contributor

@dstew201 wrote:

I hit my 20 purchase quota for the ED bonus, but could easily hit 30 between now and the cut-off, that could have been a 50% bonus not to mention points for gas and the 15k point bonus, think it would outweigh the AF.....   Idiot!   Smiley Frustrated

The question is will your spend with the additional bonus points outweigh the AF if you don't get the 15k signup bonus? Sometimes they make upgrade offers where you can get a shot at the bonus by upgrading. I'm considering switching to the EDP next year from the ED, but I need to do the math. Not only do I need to look at my spend in bonus categories and if I will hit 30 transactions every month, but I need to factor in things such as times when my other cards will have a similar bonus. For example, the freedom this year had a 5x bonus on groceries. Obviously for that quarter all my grocery spend went there. In addition, I need to look at how many new cards I may go for, since if I am trying to meet min spend on new credit cards then that may prevent me from hitting my 30 transactions a month (but I would still be able to hit 20). It was for this reason I went with the everyday to start with and I don't regret it. However, if I decide to go in the garden long term then the EDP may make more sense.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 9 of 12
jbsea
Established Contributor

I'm right with you JonE, I should have gone for the EDP.  I was also worried that I would not hit that many transactions.... well, that was easy.  I guess I have to wait the year with everyone else.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.