cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got Approved for Freedom also prequalified for Sapphire. Should I go for both now?

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Just got Approved for Freedom also prequalified for Sapphire. Should I go for both now?

Hey guys,

I got a slew of prequalified mail from Chase this week for both Sapphire and Freedom. I just applied for freedom and got approved. Should I go for sapphire too? Will it count only as one pull?

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Just got Approved for Freedom also prequalified for Sapphire. Should I go for both now?

I would. Think they use same pull, but never count on it.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got Approved for Freedom also prequalified for Sapphire. Should I go for both now?

What CL were you given. CSP is $5k min. If you didn't get over $5k, I'd think not. 

Message 3 of 9
willwar14
Valued Contributor

its a YMMV thing, but when my mom got her Marriott and CSP it was the same pull for both cards (applied for both in the same hr)

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 9
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies! I got over 5k on the freedom with the caveat that if this wasn't enough to let them know and they'd raise it when I activate my card. I so want to roll the dice again for the Sapphire but my conservative nature is kicking in and saying I should cash out for the night. I would have went with Sapphire first but wasn't happy with the $95 annual fee.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be good.  I applied for the CSP first and then three days later for the Marriott.  They used the same pull.  With your scores you will qualify. 

Message 6 of 9
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Yea you should try for the CSP alsoSmiley Wink

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 7 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If you have some HPs to spare and you haven't opened up more than 5 cards in the last 24 months (including Freedom), then go for it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

I would have went with Sapphire first but wasn't happy with the $95 annual fee.

Carefully research and don't just respond to offers.  Run the numbers for your spend to determine if you'd benefit from any rewards program.  Look into redemptions with programs like UR as they can have a significant impact on point value.  Consider total cost/benefit and not just the AF.

If the CSP does suit you then its ability to transfer UR points (potentially -- again, you need to look at redemptions) means that UR points are worth more than with the Freedom which can only redeem at 1 cent per point for statement credits.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.