cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got Freedom, but want Sapphire Preferred - when?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Just got Freedom, but want Sapphire Preferred - when?

I'd guess your odds are good but it's impossible to say for certain even with the details provided.  I applied for 2 Chase cards (and an AmEx) within a day of each other and was approved for both (all 3, actually) but one data point doesn't really mean much and my credit is different than yours.

Message 11 of 31
red259
Super Contributor

I would wait six months before going for the CSP. You probably would be approved for it right now, but the reason I say to wait is that in six months you will likely get a much higher initial CL.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 31
erinlobster

@injustifiiable wrote:

@erinlobster wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

OT but nice limit on your J. Crew card! How long have you had it???

Opened in June 2009! Until a few weeks ago, my limit was $1,670, but after getting approved for my 3x CLI on AmEx, I got ballsy and started pressing the "Request Increase" button on my other cards...and got pretty lucky!

Nice. I just hit the button on my account again and got another $200...I did it now since it's gonna report on the 1st...lol. Yay! I'm at $850.00.

Awesome! Congrats!!

5/23/13: EQ FICO 701, TU 826, EXP 746 (Vantage) /// Gardening for my diamond spade - no apps until 7/1/15!!
18k21k17k2.1k1.3k1.4k1.4k4.1k
Message 13 of 31
erinlobster

Well, my impatience combined with the general vote of confidence from this thread led to me applying this afternoon...

and I was approved!! With a $21,000 limit!!

I almost can't believe it!! I'm done. DONE! To the garden I go! (It's silly, but I'm so excited!!)

Thanks SO MUCH for all the input!

5/23/13: EQ FICO 701, TU 826, EXP 746 (Vantage) /// Gardening for my diamond spade - no apps until 7/1/15!!
Message 14 of 31
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Nice....Congrats!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 15 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 31
red259
Super Contributor

@erinlobster wrote:

Well, my impatience combined with the general vote of confidence from this thread led to me applying this afternoon...

I almost can't believe it!! I'm done. DONE! To the garden I go! (It's silly, but I'm so excited!!)

Wow. That's a great CL. I'm suprised Chase would have come back that high after they just gave you a Freedom with a high CL as well. Its not silly to be excited. That is a wonderful result and I would be bouncing off the walls if it happened to me. Congrats to you and enjoy your time in the garden. You have earned it.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 17 of 31
erinlobster

@red259 wrote:

@erinlobster wrote:

Wow. That's a great CL. I'm suprised Chase would have come back that high after they just gave you a Freedom with a high CL as well. Its not silly to be excited. That is a wonderful result and I would be bouncing off the walls if it happened to me. Congrats to you and enjoy your time in the garden. You have earned it.

Thanks! I was shocked too - I figured I'd get denied, or get a really low limit, and then I'd have to call and try to "split" my limit between the Freedom and the Sapphire Preferred. I honestly can't think of another card I'd even want to have right now - I'm SO happy.

Message 18 of 31
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Those r some nice cls Smiley Happy did they use the same pull?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 19 of 31
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Whoohoo!! Congratulations girl!!

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.