Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got Visa Black Card Barclays flyer

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

Just got Visa Black Card Barclays flyer

WOW!!! my transunion score must be great!!! Just got  the NEW Visa Black Card (stainless steel version) flyer from Barclays in the mail today. 

I felt pretty important until I looked online and saw the 495.00 fee and the bad reviews.

I read an older  review on this forum that someone applied for this card and got  a $510 credit limit!!! the annual fee is $495 Wow his util is shot..Smiley Surprised

So I trashed the flyer..guess i should have lit a match before trashing the flyer.Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Longroad
Established Contributor

Re: Just got Visa Black Card stainless steel flyer

But you would have had a stainless steel card......what's more important? LMAO

Message 2 of 11
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

WOW!!! my transunion score must be great!!! Just got  the NEW Visa Black Card (stainless steel version) flyer from Barclays in the mail today. 

I felt pretty important until I looked online and saw the 495.00 fee and the bad reviews.

I read an older  review on this forum that someone applied for this card and got  a $510 credit limit!!! the annual fee is $495 Wow his util is shot..Smiley Surprised

So I trashed the flyer..guess i should have lit a match before trashing the flyer.Smiley LOL

That really is a cruel joke.

I'm glad I never had to deal with Barclays. I thought about getting accounts with them and after reading all the horror stories, I'm glad I didn't bother.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the same horror stories on Barclays. Also read where people have several accounts and are happy. Hard to tell what you would find for yourself. I had a couple of Barclay accounts and had a closing due to inactivitiy (three years - can't blame them) and a CL reduction from $1,200 to $500 for not enough utilization. Closed the account and moved on. Barclays and I have different viewpoints.
Message 4 of 11
sandman2435
Established Contributor

YMMV on Barclays . I have got 4 Barclays Accounts and have not had any problems with them, Including the black card, got a instient approval for 10K and even had the fee waved a month later got a us airways premeir world MasterCard with another $9300.00, All within the past month, Barclays does like heavy usage, their is a decent sign up bonus for the black card, spend $1500.00 in 90 days and u get 25k in points which can be used for $500.00 in airfare or $250.00 statement credit, the card is very heavy and thick

Message 5 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

oh...I would be too curious to hear from Barclay how a 510$ limit card should be used if the AF is 495$ .. I am sure even Barclays would have trouble to explain that ..LOL

Message 6 of 11
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Just got Visa Black Card Barclays flyer

I also received a flier in the mail.  Too rich for my blood!  There's no way I would be able to use $500 in benefits to offset the annual fee.  Maybe one day...

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 7 of 11
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@sunkissed, They will wave the annual fee, if u call them. I got mine waved and ran a ton of money on the card and got me the 25k of points 

Message 8 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

I also received a flier in the mail.  Too rich for my blood!  There's no way I would be able to use $500 in benefits to offset the annual fee.  Maybe one day...

+1 Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 11
blondy250
Established Contributor

Don't have the card, but the points are worth A LOT MORE, when redeemed for airfare then most cards (amex).

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.