Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a Walmart card

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Just got a Walmart card

through the automated system, or did you talk to a CSR? When I app'd my cap1 hadn't reported yet and now that it has I'd kind of like to see if they'd up my limit a little since I have a $3000 limit reporting. 

Message 21 of 28
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Hmm, this has me wondering if i should possibly app for another GE backed card? Thoughts?

Wait they allready gave you the $150 CL,  if you apply now you will either get denied or another $150 limit, wait 3-6 months after you have made a few payments on the walmart card, and then AP you will most likely get a better CL than you would of if you got a card now and got your first CLI on that card. Build the relationship, After a while you will app and get cards from GE with  800-2000 CL's.  Start slow and build it.  

My latest GE backed card came with a $2000 CL.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 22 of 28
pooka19

i talked to a csr i had issues activating my card and asked her for a cli to take advantage of the 12 month no inerest asked me a few questions and said i was approved

Starting Score: 629
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 28
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Does Sam's give the free TU08 score I wonder? I like to know as well

Message 24 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

Does Sam's give the free TU08 score I wonder? I like to know as well

Was just looking at it, I don't think it does, but you can use your walmart card at sams club. 

Message 25 of 28
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

no TU score with sam's club i looked

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied online Monday and received a $600.00 CL.  How long should I wait before requesting a CLI?  Currently I'm setting reminders to do that for most of my cards every 4 months.

Message 27 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

GECRB is usually every 4 months, although some pwople report gettinf auto-CLIs after their second statement.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.