Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got an invite to final credit card. 1% card

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Just got an invite to final credit card. 1% card

So I have no idea when I signed up for the beta invite but today in my email I get a link to apply. Has anyone gotten this email yet?

2016-10-20_20-07-19.png

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Just got an invite to final credit card. 1% card

A few here have recieved the invite as well. Not myself but others.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 38
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

It would be an interesting card if they had offered at least 2% cashback. It has $49 AF after the first year so I don't know if this is going to be a good card to have.
Message 3 of 38
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

So this card gives 1% cash back with an AF of $49?  Why would one want this card, is there something I'm missing?

EDIT:  I just googled it, and see it gives you a different credit card number to use every time which sounds intriguing.  However, I haven't had any issues with fraud on any of my cards as of the last several years so it still doesn't seem worth it to me.

Message 4 of 38
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Only thing that doesn't exist as far as I know, this card has virtual one time use numbers which is a good feature (Citi has it?). It also has only one APR (not low -18%). Other than that I don't see anything
Message 5 of 38
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

I also had forgotten signing up for this one. I got the email to apply today. Verified that it's a EX pull to apply. 

The bank that underwrites it is First Bank & Trust in SD from what I can tell... I didn't find much when I googled them.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 6 of 38
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

It's some kind of new card with changing card numbers for higher security.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeppp. Got an invie as well. But I do not need more HPs...I'll wait until the end of 2017...
Message 8 of 38
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I also received the same email tonight. I'm going to pass on this one.
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note that the virtual card numbers only work for online. The physical card itself does not have dynamic card numbers (this technology does exist, but not in this card).

Here are some downsides of using virtual card numbers online:

https://www.mybanktracker.com/credit-cards/faq/why-virtual-credit-card-numbers-not-worth-it-167574

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.