Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got an invite to final credit card. 1% card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got an invite to final credit card. 1% card

OK guys and gals... I too recieved the invite and ok I took the plunge and signed up. It did not give me an instant decision and as of now (4 hours later) I have not had a hard pull on any of my monitored bureaus. I emailed them and they responded that reviews are common and I should know in 30 days. I will recon tomorrow as there office was closed. I did it for the interest in a new company trying a new thing. I did the LCard from Lendup when it came out also and I am not one who cares about AF's. I am at the six month mark next month with LCard and they are suppose to double my limit. 300/600. There were only 98000 invites for this new card which made it interesting to me. I will update tomorrow on what they say on my recon. Wish me Luck...

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there are 98000 invites sent out, must be a CC GRAB going on. Becuase the invite "expires" in 10 days...LMAO. I'm just going to delete mine.

Message 12 of 38
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Yea I think I remember there were about 33k+ ahead of me when I signed up (hazy memory)
Message 13 of 38
ddemari
Super Contributor

i got the email and applied, got the under review message. Im pretty sure it will be a decline.

Your application was submitted!

Hi #####,

We received your application and we're working to get you a decision as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about your application or are having trouble accessing your account, please email us at #### or call Final Customer Support at ######

Yours truly,
- Final Support Team

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I just tried calling the number for customer service at around 10:00 Arizona Time. Went right to a message that no one is available and if I want to leave a call back number for a call back. As of this minute no pull on my credit bureau's. lol

Message 15 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So this turns a $0 liability into (after first year) a guaranteed $49 liability, plus loss of rewards compared to using a card that gives more than 1%?

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: So I tried calling customer service again and no answer. Sent an email to the Team advising them of the situation and that I am reviewing this process on MyFico and it is not looking to exciting at this time and wanted to know what was up with the application. Got a response an hour later with 

Louis, congratulations, your application was excepted!

Your account has a credit limit of $5000.00

The current APR is 18.00%

Not a bad starting limit for a startup company.

Message 17 of 38
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Lolm looks like the "I am reviewing this on MF" got their attention. I may pass on this card for now, it looks good but rewards? not so much. Also they have one APR so it doesn't matter if your score is 700 or 850.

But congrats to you Louisrovella
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I am doing what I am doing because of the Syncrony Bear. I have 5 accounts with them and I carry a small balance on one and PIF on the others. That being said... if they decided to BLUE me I want to be prepared with back up CL's so it won't tear my profile down from 60,000 to 15,000. So I am padding my profile just in case. So rewards are not an issue with me at this time as my spend is not great. I'ts all about the rebuild and securing my profile.

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you guys know, BOTH Bank of America and Citi Cards have virtual account numbers. 

I use them both on my citi double cash and BOA BBR cards.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.