Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got an invite to final credit card. 1% card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Just got an invite to final credit card. 1% card

@Anonymous wrote:

While the rewards are not great, the AF is high I can see a purpose for this card. If you do a lot of shopping online it would be an extra security feature. I read Citi and BoA also has this feature, but I guess there may be extra steps to utilize it. 18% is not horrible so that is okay. Each of us has a different way we use our cards, some may find this useful, others won't. 

While I understand that everyone has different needs etc, I think it's also worth pointing out things that are, let's say, marginal.   To me, the low rewards and the AF are almost predatory, they are marketing a solution which is in search of a problem.    Not as bad as FP (which also has a purpose) but ....

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but this makes no sense.

1. You're not liable for fraud

2. It's less likely to happen online anyway, unless you shop at some seriously skechy sites

3. Virtual numbers are not a unique feature

4. The rewards are terrible

5. Annual fee?!

With my Citi Double Cash, I pay no annual fee, get 2% on every purchase, get decent benefits, and get custom expiry and custom limit virtual numbers for online shopping when I need them.

The only time I use the virtual numbers is for free trials, in case I forget to cancel.

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a bad card. A solution searching for a problem is quite an apt way to describe it. Virtual numbers are not necessary for the overwhelming majority of transactions. You know how hard it is to hack into a merchant??? Target in 2014 was big news for a reason...it's very very difficult to pull that stuff off

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this was the "final" card I ever needed, it'd have 5% cash back on everything with no annual fee and 0% special financing options on certain purchases with a high 5 figure limit.

ROFL.

Seriously, though, if the card has relatively loose underwriting requirements, I could see the niche for this card. But it's not that exciting to me.
Message 34 of 38
noobody
Established Contributor

When I saw the first post , thought it is a step better card than credit one or FP, can't believe people actually fall for it.
1% card with AF and Zero sign up bonus, you got to be kidding me.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
When I saw the first post , thought it is a step better card than credit one or FP, can't believe people actually fall for it.
1% card with AF and Zero sign up bonus, you got to be kidding me.
You make it, they'll buy it! This is on myFICO, too...
Message 36 of 38
zerofire
Valued Contributor

That's not a final CC, that's a final disaster. Anyone using that card is going to never use it again after the first year or will never use credit cards again. My Citi Double Cash can bury it and my Blispay smacks it around in all aspects but when your late paying.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually like the Final credit card!

As someone who paid off their bankruptcy payments last year, I've had a heck of a time getting any sort of credit at all, even with it being a year ago it was discharged, no credit card for the past 6 years and on-time payments for all utilities and such - it was nice to actually be approved for the card and NOT get a hard credit check (Not sure why they didn't ping me with a hard check, but they didn't), plus the interest rate is a lot lower than a lot of the card "offers" I've gotten lately from "questionable" card companies.

I also like the ability to shut down a particular number I generate if it is compromised without having to wait for a few weeks for a new card! I do buy from some "iffy" places I don't trust online sometimes if necessary, so it's a VERY welcome feature.

This is the perfect card for me and I don't see a problem paying $50/yr for the features I get!

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.